Thread: Help me to Create a KML File

Help me to Create a KML File

I am the user of the Google. I can daily use the Internet for surfing,chatting, downloading etc,. But , I can not know about the KML file. I also can not heard about the KML file. So, I want to know about the KML file. I also want to know about How to to Create a KML File. Can anyone has the idea about the KML file?? Reply ME!!

Re: Help me to Create a KML File

A KML file can be an XML-based language schema that can be used for an expressing geographic annotation and visualization on an current or future Internet-based, 2-D maps and 3-D Earth browsers. The KML can be refers as the Keyhole Markup Language. The KML can be develop to use with the Google Earth that can be actually named as Keyhole Earth Viewer. The KML can be created by the Keyhole Incorporation that can be acquired by the Google.

A Keyhole Markup Language can be a geographical file format that can be used to show the map places on the Internet. The Google Earth can provides free mapping application that can creates a KML file for the user. If you can not have the Google Earth then The Google Earth can be free to download and load. A Keyhole Markup Language file can be shortly known as the KML file.

To create the KML file you can at least have latitude and longitude of the place. The latitude and longitude grid lines can be execute from East to West and North to South respectively. Provide the latitude and longitude to Google Earth and then It can creates a Keyhole Markup Language file. I hope you should understands.

If you want to create the KMl file then follow the following steps as :
    Step 1 : Start an Internet browser.
    Step 2 : Type "http://earth.google.com/" in the browser window and press the "Enter" key.
    Step 3 : Choose "Downloads," "Agree and Download" and then click "Save" to save the "Google Earth" setup program on your "Desktop."
    Step 4 : Double-click the "Google Earth" setup program icon on your "Desktop" and then click "Run" to install "Google Earth."
    Step 5 : Double-click the "Google Earth" icon on your "Desktop"
    Step 6 : Click "Search" and click the "Fly To" tab to type or paste the longitude and latitude for your location. If needed, use your Internet browser and type in "http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html," type in the address of your location (for example, 25 Main Street Glencoe IL/USA), click "Go," select the longitude and latitude showing in the popup, hold down the "Ctrl" key and type the letter "C."
    Step 7 : Type or paste (hold down "Ctrl" and type the letter "V") the longitude and latitude in the "Fly to" box in "Google Earth" and press the magnifying glass or "Search" icon and the location is displayed on the map.
    Step 8 : Click "File," "Save," "Save Place As" and the "Save file" dialog box is displayed.
    Step 9 : Type in a "File name," for your location, click the "Save as type" drop-down menu to select "Kml (*.kml)," and then click "Save." Your KML file has been created.