Thread: How to customize Office for Terminal Services?

How to customize Office for Terminal Services?

Hi Friends,
    I am having a knowledge of using a MS Office. Now I want to customize it for the terminal services. I have tried doing it once, but was not successful. When I connected that I was not able to set the users' restricted access to the server, so I gave up. I thought to take some help from you guys, otherwise I would have to call an engineer. Can you explain me how to customize Office for Terminal Services? Reply me as soon as possible.!!
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: How to customize Office for Terminal Services?

You can install a software package Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003 on computers running Windows NT 4.0. No, Microsoft Office 2007 will also be installed on computers running Windows 2000. In addition to the requirements listed in the summary section, require Office 2007 Enterprise product key to use when installing the product. If you used a retail product key will display a warning similar to those listed.
    Last edited by DANIEL 602; 17-03-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Due to the nature of the team multiuser Terminal Services and restricted access of users to the server, Office Setup installs all features to one of the following installation states by default :
    • Run from My Computer : features are set to this state because they work well in the environment of terminal services. Features normally default to Installed on First Use are set to Run from My Computer.
    • Not available : some features are set to this state. These are features that do not work well in the environment of terminal services, typically because they use additional animation that generates too much data traffic between the team of Terminal Services client computer and Terminal Services. Leave these features set to Not Available are not installed.
    Blessings to you

If you want a feature in Office XP or Office 2003 installed on your computer from Terminal Services, use the Custom Installation Wizard to configure the state of the feature to Not Available or Not Available, Hidden, Locked. Click to activate the box do not migrate prior installation. Microsoft recommends that you set the property in question is hidden when not installed (especially on Windows NT). To accept the default Office configuration, no need to modify the Setup feature tree. However, if there are Office features that users do not need, can improve overall performance and save disk space by customizing the installation so that Office Setup does not install these features on the computer terminal services.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

To customize an installation of Office XP or Office 2003, use the Custom Installation Wizard in the Office Resource Kit to create a custom transform file (. Mst). When you install Office with this transform, do not install the Office features set to Not Available. Follow the steps :
    1. Start the Custom Installation Wizard.
    2. On the Set Feature Installation States page, select the feature you will not want to install.
    3. Set the installation status of the selected feature in Not Available, Hidden, Locked.
    4. Click to select the check box Do not migrate prior installation.
    5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each feature not want to install.
    6. Click Next, and then set the options you want in the remaining pages of the wizard.
    7. Click Finish. Note the sample command line that is provided and then click Exit.
    8. Install Office XP with the transformation.

To customize an Office installation, use the Office Customization tool to create a review of customization (. Msp). When you install Office with this customization file, do not install the Office features that are set to Not Available.
    1. Start the Office Customization Tool (OCT). To do this, click Start, click Run, type Office installation CD \ setup / admin, and then click OK.
    2. Select Set Feature Installation States in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen and then select the feature you will not want to install in the tree on the right.
    3. Set the installation status of the selected feature is not available, hidden or locked. If necessary more than one of these values, the menu must be accessed again to select additional settings.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each feature not want to install.
    5. Set additional options you want in the OCT tool.
    6. Select Save As from the File menu to create the MSP file. They should be kept in the \ Updates unless another location is specified in the config.xml file.
    7. Install the 2007 Office programs with the. Msp.

You should keep in mind that the Office Customization Tool requires Windows Installer 3.1 installed.