Thread: All email disappeared from Entourage

All email disappeared from Entourage

Hello to all,
    Today when I opened Entourage, it asked me to register again. I found that all my email disappeared from Entourage. I don't know how to recover it or how to fix it. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: All email disappeared from Entourage

Hey there is no need to worry about it. You can easily get all email lost by Entourage. Your all email messages of Entourage are save into database file, from which you can get all these emails. You can get this at following location.
    ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/Main Identity
    Under this location look out for "Database" file. In that file you will get all your email messages.

As per my information you have to import all your user data in your Entourage to recover all your lost email messages. It is very simple to do this. You will find this "database" file in the document. Just import it into Entourage. If you unable to import that user data the make an alias and then try to import. This time you will able to import all your lost emails.

You have to Rebuild Your Database in the following ways to fix this problem.

*As with any procedure like rebuild, it's a good idea to make a backup prior to running. Your data should not be erased, but if something fails during this process, data could be lost. To be doubly sure, duplicate your Identity folder prior to the rebuild.
    *Locate your database. It should be in your Documents folder: Can't find your database?
    *Find the size of your database, use Get Info (Command + I).
    *Make sure you have enough hard disk space available for twice that amount. As part of the rebuilding process, Entourage creates a second database file
    *Quit any applications that are running, including virus-protection applications, all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger for Mac, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with rebuilding.

Rebuild your database:
    *Entourage 2001 and Entourage X: Hold down the Option key and re-launch the application. In a few seconds, you'll be greeted with a dialogue box asking if you want the "Typical Rebuild" or the "Advanced Rebuild." Choose "Typical."
    *Entourage 2004 & 2008: Hold down the Option key and re-launch the application. In a few seconds, you'll be greeted with the Entourage Database Utility. Select to rebuild.

Hey there is no need to import anything in the Entourage. As per my information Entourage will do it at it self. It means that Entourage will read it at the time of start up. If your "Database" file is saved in the correct folder then there is no need to worry bout it. I think you have lost preference file of Entourage and that's why it asked for registration.

From your information it seems that some files of Entourage has get corrupted or get damaged and that's why it asked for new registration. In this case you have to upgrade your Entourage to fix this problem. It will not change any of your setting. It just install some missing files of your Entourage application. After this you will not get any problem.