Thread: Email messages disappear in Mac mail

Email messages disappear in Mac mail

Hello to all,
    I have macbook pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. Whenever I tried to open any sub folder in Mac mail, all the messages in that folder disappear suddenly. I don't know why this is happening. I don't know why email messages disappear in Mac mail. Anyone else having the same problem.
    Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Email messages disappear in Mac mail

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your Mac mail and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use Entourage for Mac. Microsoft Entourage for Mac helps you easily manage all your information. Organize your e-mail messages, contacts, schedules, notes and documents. It is same as outlook. Setting up accounts is faster and easier. Entourage can determine your Exchange settings by using only your e-mail address.

If you’re experiencing problems with any type of email program, try the following solutions.
    First check your Internet connection
    If you can’t send or view email messages, first make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    Click the link below to open Network preferences. If you are connected, you’ll see a green dot next to a network or Internet connection.
    If you aren’t connected, click “Connecting to the Internet.”

From you information it seems that you have select "view only unread messages" option and that's why you are not able to see Email messages. When you select this option, you will not bale to see all message. You can only able to see unread messages(If available). In this case unchecked "view only unread messages" option in the preference to fix this problem.

It seems that you have use wrong e-mail settings in your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. What are you using like POP or IMAP? Have you use 'Leave copy on server'? Have you use download to machine'? If not then you have to first use these setting to fix this problem. I think your server delete read messages automatically after particular time period.

As per my information you have to download and install the Mac OS X v10.5.7 Update or later to resolve this issue. Most of the people face such type of issue and they are able to fix this problem by performing this process. To force quit Mail if necessary: From the Apple menu, choose Force Quit, select Mail in the Force Quit window's list of applications, then click "Force Quit".