Thread: Overview of fonts in Word 2007

Overview of fonts in Word 2007

Hi friends,
    I have recently started working with the MS Office 2007. So I am not having much idea about it. I have knowledge about the browsing, editing the videos and songs. Since I am interested in job which needs the basics of MS Office, I have started learning it. In MS Office, I have started with the Word 2007. I want to know more about the fonts that we can use in Word 2007. Hope that someone would try to describe me about an Overview of fonts in Word 2007 soon.!!
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Overview of fonts in Word 2007

A font is a design applied to a set of numbers, symbols and characters. A policy specifies different qualities such as character size, spacing, and pitch. The font used to print text on different output devices, or display it on screen. They include various styles such as italic, bold, and bold italic. I would like to suggest you to start doing the work on Word 2007. The more you use the application you will get more knowledge. You will also have to do some researches on it.

TrueType and OpenType fonts are rendered from command lines and curves. OpenType is an extension of the TrueType font. The TrueType and OpenType fonts can be scaled and rotated. They look good in all sizes and on all output devices supported by Microsoft Windows. ClearType fonts are screen fonts optimized for LCDs. On an LCD, ClearType fonts using the information at the sub-pixels to smooth the irregular contours of the policies.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

In most programs that support printing, you can choose various printer fonts. Printers that offer the widest choice of fonts include laser, inkjet and dot matrix. Printer fonts can be classified into three categories :
    1. Fonts - The fonts are also called resident fonts. The laser, inkjet and dot matrix frequently use internal fonts. The fonts are already loaded into the ROM of the printer (ROM). They are always available for printing.
    2. Typefaces (cartridge fonts) - The fonts are stored in a cartridge or a card that plugs into the printer. To enlarge the font of an internal printer, you can install the font cartridges. You can also load fonts from software.
    3. Downloadable fonts - Downloadable fonts are also called soft fonts. The computer sends downloadable fonts to printer memory when the fonts are required for printing.

You should also have a knowledge about the Raster fonts. Raster fonts are also called bitmapped fonts. They are stored as bitmaps. A bitmap is a dot pattern. Raster fonts are designed with a size and resolution determined for a given printer. They can not undergo rotation or scaling. A printer that does not support raster fonts do not print. The five raster fonts are :
    • Email
    • MS Sans Serif
    • MS Serif
    • Small
    • Symbol
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

The fonts are useful for output devices that can not reproduce bitmaps. For example, pen plotters to use scalable fonts. The vector font characters are drawn using lines rather than patterns of dots. You can apply them any size or proportion. The three fonts are :
    • Modern
    • Roman
    • SScript