Thread: How to update fields in a protected form in Word 2007?

How to update fields in a protected form in Word 2007?

Hello everyone,
    I have recently installed the MS Office 2007. In that I normally use the Word 2007 for creating some documents. I have using the Word from a long time so I have better knowledge about it. But I am confused about the updating field in a form which is protected. So I am expecting a little help from your side. Please tell me how to update fields in a protected form in Word 2007? Hope that you understood my question?!? Help me as early as possible.

Re: How to update fields in a protected form in Word 2007?

You open a document from an earlier version of Microsoft Word in Microsoft Office Word 2007. If the document is protected for fill out forms, certain fields of this updated document may not be when you close the screen. If you want to update fields in a protected form, then I would like to recommend you to use the tools that are present in the library of an inherited forms. Because, according to me, this is the simple way for updating the fields in Word 2007 of the protected form.

To access the inherited forms library, click the Developer tab, click Legacy Tools in the control group and then click on the tool inherited forms that you want to use. If you do not see the Developer tab, follow these steps :
    1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    2. Click on the standard, then click the Enable check box to show developer tab in the Ribbon.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

In Word 2007, form fields include an option to calculate the output. When this option is selected, form fields and can put in a protected form document. To activate the option to calculate the exit, proceed as follows :
    1. Double-click a form field to display the Properties dialog box form.
    2. Select the checkbox to Calculate the exit, and then click OK.

Many times there are scenarios where you may want to use a reference field to repeat an entry form field elsewhere in a document. These reference fields must be updated to print the entry form field that the reference fields are expandable. An update includes all fields, such as "date and time. To update the reference fields, follow these steps :
    1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    2. Click View, then click the Enable check box Update fields before printing in printing options.

When you select this option, fields can not be updated on the screen. However, Word 2007 is to update the fields correctly when you print the document.

You may need all fields to be updated to the screen as you complete the form. This includes fields that are not updated via the option to calculate the output described in Method 1. Use in this case, the following macro that the macro "on leave" or the form fields. I have provided you with that same code :
    Code:
    Sub UpdateAllFields ()

Sun Arange As Range
        Sun afield As Field

For Each Arange In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
           For Each afield In arange.Fields
              aField.Update
           Next afield
        Next Arange

End Sub
    Since this footnote macro "on leave" may cause a small delay on some computers, you may want to enable the option Update fields on printing if the document is a printed form.