Thread: Free photo editing tool for Mac osx?

Free photo editing tool for Mac osx?

Hello to all,
    I recently bought a cool new Macbook pro which has os x installed. I want to edit photo in my computer. I am looking for free photo editing tool for Mac osx. So if anyone know free photo editing tool for Mac osx?, then please help me.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Free photo editing tool for Mac osx?

As per my information you have to use GIMP for Mac OS X. It provides tasks such as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. GIMP on OS X provides application bundles of of GIMP 2.6 for Mac OS X users. MacPorts provide an easy way to install various open-source software products on Mac OS X. They have GIMP 2.6 in the latest revisions. To get this application go to official site of it.

You have to use The CinePaint Project as photo editing tool for Mac osx. It Support for 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit color channels of deep paint. It provides high fidelity image file types such as DPX, OpenEXR and 16-bit TIFF. These files can't be opened in ordinary 8-bit image applications (e.g., GIMP) without crushing them. It has Gallery-quality printing. B&W photographs have only one color channel and degrade quickly when manipulated as 8-bit images. CinePaint has higher fidelity and offers a 16-bit printing path to the print-head using GutenPrint.

As per my information you have to use Acorn for your Mac. Using this add text and shapes to your digital pictures. Combine images together to create your own. Work with layers to touch up your favorites or make something new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn. Acorn is an image editor built for the Mac with simplicity in mind. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the tools you need to alter and enhance your images, without any overhead. Acorn feels right, it won't drain your bank account, and you don't need a Ph.D. in computer graphics to use it.

Have you tried Picasa for your computer, then you have to use it. Together, Picasa & Picasa Web Albums make it easy for you to organize and edit your digital photos, then create online albums to share with friends, family & the world. Show your photos at their best. View full-screen slideshows, see your pictures arranged on a global map, enjoy video playback, and more. People matter in your photos. Our technology helps you automatically organize your photos based on the people in them, and works in Picasa and Picasa Web Albums.

You have to use Seashore for your conouter. Seashore is an open source image editor for Mac OS X's Cocoa framework. It features gradients, textures and anti-aliasing for both text and brush strokes. It supports multiple layers and alpha channel editing. It is based around the GIMP's technology and uses the same native file format. However, unlike the GIMP, Seashore only aims to serve the basic image editing needs of most computer users, not to provide a replacement for professional image editing products. Seashore was created by Mark Pazolli who led the project until the end of 2009.