Thread: How to listen to Local FM Radio in Windows 7 Media Center?

How to listen to Local FM Radio in Windows 7 Media Center?

I am having an issue with recently installed Windows 7. When open the Radio in Windows 7 Media Center it shows me some station which are not the local so there are no use of listening to them. So i have decided to see the radio with the local station but i have no idea about How to listen to Local FM Radio in Windows 7 Media Center?. I hope some of you are having the solution for the same. So advice me the same. Thank you

Re: How to listen to Local FM Radio in Windows 7 Media Center?

If you need to make the Windows 7 Media center to work with the local radio channel then first make sure that you have TV tuner card installed in your system as well as the Radio Tuner. Now day the TV tuner come with the Radio Tuner. If you are having these thing then only you can use the Local Radio station. For that open the Media center and click on the Music and then to the Radio. Now again Click on the Fm Radio. Now on the bottom of the same you will see the current station and the preset, Seek, Tune option which will allow you to set the frequency that you know just like the Fm Radio in mobile phone. Thats it.

Thanks a lot for giving me such a wonderful description about the problem of mine that is Fm Radio with local station and the quick response of yours is appreciable. But i am having still problem as i am new for the Windows 7 have got less knowledge about and trying to get it properly so if you explain me complete procedure again in proper manner then it will be easy for me to understand the same and perform it for Window 7 Media Center.

No issues if you wont understand the above here once again i am explaining the complete thing again to work with you. I hope that this time you will get everything properly. So follow the below given steps.
    1. Click on start
    2. Type Media center in Search
    3. Click on Media Center to open it.
    4. Click on Music tab
    5. Scroll upto the Radio
    6. Go to the Fm Radio.
    7. Now under the Source you will find the current station
    8. Click the Preset button and enter the station frequency
    9. Now Click on the Save As preset button to save the Channel

Thats it

I have gone through all the steps that you have described me against the setting up the radio channels frequency for the radio channel and achieve the set up of the local radio channel that i have asked about and working all fine. So i have one more query that i need to ask you hope you will help me for the same too. I need to know How to listen XM Radio with Windows Media Center in Windows 7 so that i can listen to the XM radio on the same.

For that you have to create an account with the XM radio. Just open the Windows 7 Media Center and click on XM radio option follows by the XM radio on button and this will redirect you to the XM radio page where you have to create an account with the same and then only you can use it easily. You can also check out the link given below which are having the solution of it.
    How to listen XM Radio with Windows Media Center in Windows 7?