Thread: How to make a simple data merge in Word 2008 for Mac?

How to make a simple data merge in Word 2008 for Mac?

Hello friends,
    I am using the MS Office 2008 on the Mac operating system. I have just started with the basic things with Office 2008, and I want to know more about it. I want to create a simple data merge in Word 2008. So thought to take some hints from you guys.!! Please tell me how to make a simple data merge in Word 2008 for Mac Any other information related to the topic would be appreciated.!!
    Don't be afraid of darkness, it's in your heart anyway.

Re: How to make a simple data merge in Word 2008 for Mac?

You will first need to create the main document. If you want to create the main document, then do the following the steps that are given below :
    1. First you will have to start Microsoft Office Word 2008. To do this, double-click the icon for Word 2008.
    2. After opening that you would have to go in the Project Gallery, click Word Document. Word 2008 opens blank document (Document1) in which the cursor blinks. Document1 This indicates that the document is active.
    3. In the Tools menu, click Microsoft Mail Merge. Palette Manager mail merge appears.
    4. As Manager of Mail Merge, click Create New, then click letters.

After creating the main menu, you would have to create Data Source. For creating that data source, follow the steps :
    1. In the Palette Manager mail merge, click the View list, then click New Data Source.
    2. After identifying the fields that you want to use, click OK.
    3. In the box or the Save As dialog, type the name you want to use the data document, select the folder to store it in, then click Save.
    4. In the form, type the information you want from the first record. Click New to create a new record. Type the information you want for the next record, then click OK.
    5. When you have finished entering all the records, click OK.

I would like to tell you that Word 2008 displays the dialog box "Create a data source" that lists the field names is used, in that do the following things :
    • Remove the fields that you do not want. To do this, select the fields in the fields of the row header, and then click Delete field. You can only select one field at a time.
    • To add a field, type the name you want to use in the field name, then click Add placeholder. When you merge the data, you can use as few or as many data fields as you want and you can use them in any order. In addition, you can use each field several times.

I would like to inform you that it is easy to combine information in separate fields in a merge document. However, it is difficult to separate information in a field. Therefore, when you create a data document, create as many fields as possible. For example, you may place the name in a separate field from the last name so you can easily sort the records in the data document by name. If you keep the first and last names separate, it is easy to use only the first name in salutation.

To complete the merger in the range of Merge Manager post, under section Fusion finished, click the Merge to new document, the second button from the left. This creates a new document that contains the results of the merger. You can print, save or delete this new document without affecting the main document or the document data. To print the merged documents for all records in the data source, click on any section in the fusion is complete, click the left button Merge to printer. To preview the merged document for each record, follow these steps :
    1. As Manager of Mail Merge in the Preview section of results, click <<>> ABC, it will initialize the preview.
    2. Click Previous Record or click Next to display the merged document to the desired record.