Thread: Gimp vs photoshop

Gimp vs photoshop

Hello all ,
    I am using Photoshop for a long time to edit the images and creating innovative templates.One of the friend of mine suggested me to use GIMP editor.I don't have any work experience on that.

What would be better for me,please suggest your views for mine.

Thanks.

Gimp vs photoshop

If we think about the image editing softwares then suddenly one of the popular windows based image editor comes into our mind.There are so much reliable and comfort software for image editing.

If we talk about the series of the image editing then there are so many softwares are closely near to this and much popular.Like coral draw,adobe photoshop which is evolved in my childhood,The GIMP which was new for and my friends are also talking about this software and posted a lot of comments on their official website after considering the features.I also agree to use GIMP rather than photoshop.

Gimp vs photoshop

What question is arising in your mind,Is GIMP is as good as Photoshop?

I used both softwares on a single task to check how the peoples compares it.The gimp always taking first place with the number of features.

You can buy Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended for the Mac with $162.50 on eBay which I had checked before.To buy the photoshop would not be a bad deal, and you could obviously get others.

According to my views,you need to use updated version of the photoshop and one thing more,it's not a bad habit to use the new developing technology,you should use the trial version and then if you are comfortable with that then no issues.

Gimp vs photoshop

Both softwares contains a rich set of tools and basic photo editing commands.

1- Powerful set of tools and ability to open or import most of the primary bitmap graphic filetypes including PNG, JPG, GIF.
    2- Capable to mange properly those images with crop, rotate, resize and different transformations.
    3- Capable to create local retouches, sharpening and other image corrections.
    4- Provide color and exposure/lightness debuggers with the number of dialogs and tools.
    5- provide the platform for creating a stack of two or dozens of layers from other images, text, vector graphics, etc.

Gimp vs photoshop

I am going to describe the features of both of the software through which you can get easily the differentiation between both.

Photoshop: Very powerful,very costly,commercially based developed software with high security regarding the license.It is compatible with Only Windows and Mac operating system.

GIMP: Very scalable, much tools and facilities to edit the graphics whatever Photoshop can do and what it can’t do would not issue to most of the users who will try it anyway.It is FREE available and portable software.