Thread: Problems with Office for Mac after upgrade to Snow Leopard

Problems with Office for Mac after upgrade to Snow Leopard

Hello friends,
    I am using the Mac operating system. Recently I have upgraded it to Snow Leopard and after that I started facing the problems. Every other software is working properly except the MS Office. It was working properly before, but after upgradation it started giving the problems. So please tell me the solutions for the problems occurring with Office for Mac after upgrade to Snow Leopard. Help me soon so that I can use the Office.

Re: Problems with Office for Mac after upgrade to Snow Leopard

Many times it happens that you experience various problems in Office for Mac after you upgrade to Snow Leopard. So don't consider that only you are facing this problem.!! Mainly these problems are caused because of a corrupted user account that you created on Mac. There are also chances that bad installation of the operating system can cause the similar issue. I would like to recommend you to try to repair your operating system. Hope that by doing this the problem will get fixed.

Even I was facing the similar problem. After installing the update and later when i try to open an Office application, I was facing much issues. I would like to suggest you to search the recent updates for it. If that's not working then try the following :
    (You will have to delete the following files : )
    • / Users / username / Library / Preferences / Microsoft / Office 2008/Microsoft Office 2008 settings.plist
    • / Applications / Microsoft Office 2008/Office/OfficePID.plist

Once done, open any application of Office, and type again the serial number. Hope that it works.!!

Re: How to create a new user account in Mac?

I would like to tell you to reinstall the Snow Leopard. But you can also try by creating a new Mac user account. The following steps explains you the same :
    1. Select System Preferences, on the Apple menu.
    2. On the View menu, select Accounts.
    3. Click the "+" button in the lower-left corner to create a new user account.
    4. Edit the user information. You can give a user administrative privileges if you want.
    5. If you are prompted to disable automatic login, disable it.

If creating an another user account is not fixing an issue, then the last option is to reinstall Mac OS X 10.6. The following steps can be useful for doing the same :
    1. First you will have to insert the Mac OS X installation disc, and then double-click the Install Mac OS X icon.
    2. Then follow the instructions as displayed on the screen. In the pane where you select a disk, select your current Mac OS X disc. (In most cases, this will be the only disc that is available.)
    3. If you want to control which parts of Mac OS X are installed, click Customize, and then select the parts that you want to install.
    4. To start the installation, click Install.