Thread: Troubleshoot problems that occur while opening a file in MS Office for Mac

Troubleshoot problems that occur while opening a file in MS Office for Mac

Hello friends,
    After installing the MS Office I am facing enough problems while opening a file. I don't know what exactly is causing the issue?!! I have even tried to reinstall the MS Office but then also the problem was not fixed. I don't think that operating system is causing any issue. I am using the Mac as my operating system. So please tell me about the troubleshooting the problems that occur while opening a file in MS Office for Mac. Reply me soon.!!
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Troubleshoot problems that occur while opening a file in MS Office for Mac

Sometimes you may experience unexpected behavior when opening a file on a Mac program of Microsoft Office. In this article addresses how you can correctly solve ways to open documents. This article describes how to troubleshoot the following problems that may occur when you open a file in an Office for Mac program :
    • The document stops responding while being opened.
    • A document opens slowly.

If a file suddenly stops responding, you must have a method to solve the problem. This article describes some of the problems that may occur if a file suddenly stops responding when you try to open an Office for Mac program and gives a method to solve the problem to try to resolve it. If you are looking for that many files unexpectedly stops responding when you try to open them, the first thing to do is make sure it is working with the most current version of your operating system and Office for Mac programs. Number of times that the updates will solve this problem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

If you've been trying to open the file by double clicking the document icon, you may experience one of the following problems :
    • Another program tries to open the Mac Office file
    • The Office for Mac program does not start when trying to open a file and then stops responding.

Before starting any troubleshooting file, create a duplicate of this file. To do this, click to select the file and then double click the file menu. It's a good idea to put this file in duplicate in a different folder accidentally pull the file or start working with him halfway through the process.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

If a program other than an Office for Mac program tries to open a file, follow these steps :
    1. Click to select the Office for Mac file, and then click Get Info from the File menu.
    2. Click the tab Open With.
    3. Click on the list of other programs.
    4. Look for the Mac program that lacks the kind of Office document and then click Add.
    5. Click Change All, and then click continue.

If not start Office for Mac program, and then stops responding, you must determine if the problem is with the file or operating system Mac OS X. To do this, try to open the Mac from the program that owns the Office file types. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Start the Office for Mac program.
    2. Click Open on the File menu and then locate the file.
    3. Select the file and then click Open.

If you can open the file this way, the problem may be with your operating system. You must install a clean version of Mac OS X only if other troubleshooting steps do not resolve the problem.