Thread: How to use the Application.AutomationSecurity property in Office 2004 in Mac?

How to use the Application.AutomationSecurity property in Office 2004 in Mac?

Hi friends,
    I want some help from your side. Actually I am looking for the Application.AutomationSecurity property which is used in MS Office 2004. Since I am having the Mac operating system, please provide me the appropriate information. I have been told to use the Application.AutomationSecurity property, but I don't know much about it. Only thing I know that it allows the programs that are listed in the "Applies to" section to support security for solutions that programmatically open a document. So please tell me how to use the Application.AutomationSecurity property in Office 2004 in Mac? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: How to use the Application.AutomationSecurity property in Office 2004 in Mac?

Property Application.AutomationSecurity allows Microsoft Office programs listed in the section "applies" to support security for solutions that programmatically open a document but not if the macros in a document is reliable. A developer may want to check if the Office solution displays security warnings to the user for these documents. You will have to remember that you may need to update your Microsoft Office for Mac to use the property Application.AutomationSecurity.To use the property Application.AutomationSecurity on a computer with a Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac program installed, install Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0).

Re: How to use the Application.AutomationSecurity property in Office 2004 in Mac?

Word now supports an additional level of security that affects macros that open other Office documents containing macros. The setting must be enabled as part of Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macro code (VBA). You can use the property Application.AutomationSecurity to set the security level as shown in the following property :
    • msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable - Disable all macros in documents are opened by previously enabled macros. This setting provides the security level higher.
    • found - Respect the option Warn before opening a file containing macros for macros in all open documents with macros already activated.
    • msoAutomationSecurityLow - Enable all macros from documents that are opened by previously enabled macros.

I would like to explain you in details about the properties mentioned above by the 'Kirmiac'. Property Application.AutomationSecurity interacts with the option Warn before opening a file containing macros to one of the following ways :
    • If the property is set Application.AutomationSecurity value msoAutomationSecurityLow, the user is not prompted to enable macros for documents that were opened by a macro regardless of the setting of the macro warning option. Macros in these documents are automatically activated.
    • If the property is set to Application.AutomationSecurity msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable, the user is not prompted to enable macros for documents that were opened by a macro regardless of the setting of the macro warning option. Macros in these documents are automatically disabled.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

Security in Microsoft PowerPoint has been improved when you open a document that contains macros. In addition, PowerPoint supports an additional level of security that affects macros that open other Office documents containing macros. he parameter must be activated within the macro code. You can use the property Application.AutomationSecurity to set the security level as shown in the following steps :
    • msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable - Disable all macros in documents that were opened by macros already activated. This setting provides the security level higher.
    • found - With the preference of active protection from macro viruses for macros in all documents have been opened by previously enabled macros.
    • msoAutomationSecurityLow - Enable macros in the document opened by previously enabled macros.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

If Application.AutomationSecurity ownership is defined and is the option Warn before opening a file containing macros is selected, you receive a dialog warning each time a macro attempts to open a file that contains Macro. In addition, if a macro tries to open a file that contains a macro, the attempt fails if two conditions are met :
    • The option property is set to Application.AutomationSecurity msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable.
    • The attempt to open the file is done via a macro API Office. This includes macros that are written in VBA, XML and Excel WordBasic in Word.