Thread: Dvd burning problem in iMac G5

Dvd burning problem in iMac G5

Hello friends,
    I have an iMac G5 which has Mac OS X 10.3.5 installed. I bought 50 DVD recordable to transfer some data on it. When I tried to burn these DVDs, it burn fine for half the time and the after half time it gives error code 0x80020022. I don't know what is the meaning of that error. I don't know why I get Dvd burning problem in iMac G5. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Dvd burning problem in iMac G5

I also had the same problem and then I tried following steps to fix this problem. This works for me. I think you also use these steps to fix this problem.
    First turn off your iMac G5 -> Now unplug AC power and remove the your battery -> Now press and hold the power button for 10 - 15 seconds -> now insert your battery and AC power -> now press alt-cmd-P-R after when you hear the boot sound -> release the key when you hear the 2nd "boot sound" -> now after this try to burn your Dvd.

Some PowerBook SuperDrives won't work with 8x DVD-R media and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Some earlier PowerBook G4 computers that have a SuperDrive with a 1x or a 2x DVD-R write speed may not be able to burn 8x DVD-R media reliably. Because of this, you should only use 2x or 4x DVD-R media.

Not sure what kind of SuperDrive you have in your PowerBook? Just do this:

1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
    2. Click the More Info button to open Systen Profiler.
    3. In the resulting window, select Disc Burning (under Hardware).

Your SuperDrive model number will be listed in bold at the top of the pane. If you see UJ-815 or UJ-816 as part of the model, make sure that you only use 2x or 4x DVD-R media.

I think you have to update your firmware to fix this problem you can do this in following ways. You have to download SuperDrive Firmware Update v2.0. The SuperDrive Firmware Update fixes burning speeds when writing to certain recordable DVD media.
    Follow these steps to install the update:
    1. Save all open documents and quit all applications.
    2. Double-click the SuperDrive Firmware Update icon.

If you meet the system requirements and cannot update the firmware using this program, contact your local Apple Authorized Service Provider or an Apple Store retail location.

From your information it seems that you are using some cheap quality of DVD and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Most of the people face such type of problem. These cheap quality DVDs are very low in quality and they also affect your DVD drive. In this case try to use some branded company's DVD to get rid out of this problem.

I think there is problem in your Operating System. It may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Most of the people face such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your Operating System to fix this problem. Lot's of Mac user use this step to recover from this error.