Thread: Files Remaining After Office Uninstall in Mac OS X

Files Remaining After Office Uninstall in Mac OS X

Hello to all,
    As I am having problem with MS Office, I uninstall it from Mac OS X installed computer.
    Now I have install OpenOffice in my computer, but one problem is there. Few of the Ms Office Files still remains in the computer like Microsoft User Data in Documents, Microsoft Preferences in ~/ Library/Preferences. I don't know why Ms Office Files Remaining After Uninstall. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Files Remaining After Office Uninstall in Mac OS X

This is one kind of backup that is saved by MS office. This is used when you next time for some reason again install MS office in your computer. In this case there is no need to install necessary file in your computer. This is one of the advanced featured used by MS office. It store information like library file, data file, help files and all that. It will not affect your PC any more.

Hey there is no worry about these files. These are one type of library files saved in your computer. It will not harm your PC anymore. As you have asked in you question you can also delete the .bom files from your computer. But as per my advised you have to keep all that .bom file in your PC. This is because when you next time install MS office in your PC, then thee is no need to install all these files again.

Hey these are all font's file that is saved by MS office. These font's file are used by OpenOffice also. The fonts that is used by MS office are the same fonts that is used by OpenOffice. In this case there is no need to delete all these files from your computer, because you can also use theses files in your OpenOffice application. You also will not face nay problem if you are tried to open file that is crated in MS office.

Hey this is your decision to delete that file or keep that file, because deleting that file will not affect your PC and to keeping that file also will not affect your PC. As per your information in your question bom file extension stands for bill of materials. These files does not affect your PC any more. I recommended you to keep all hat files.

Hey I also had the same problem. These file consuming lots of our memory and that's why I deleted that files form my computer. I didn't get any problem after deleting that file. I think you also delete that files from your computer to free up some space in your computer. It will not affect your Pc anymore.