Thread: What is new in FileMaker Pro 11

What is new in FileMaker Pro 11

Hi,
    I want to download FileMaker Pro 11 for my Snow Leopard PC. I had found this application much more beneficial than Excel. Before this I was using Microsoft Office. But after seeing the same at my office PC I found this application as very useful. FileMaker Pro 11 is a new version and so for that I need some more information on the same. What are the best features of this application.

Re: What is new in FileMaker Pro 11

FileMaker 11 has a interface of software development and maintenance of database from top to bottom, the eleventh version of FileMaker Pro is less a revolution than an evolution, focusing on adding duties sometimes required a long time. An interface that will not disappoint a user of iWork, much less now that FileMaker offers a Quick Start Wizard to its opening, which includes online resources and features quick start, but mostly a list of databases used recently, who do not have to rummage in its files.

Those who know Excel and are work on PivotTables for simple operations envy counting function in FileMaker, which only needs to activate the sub-total breakdown, the software automatically sorting the data. Sorting and grouping Again in order to find information more easily, while already starting to treat the Table view now offers functions for sorting and grouping.

Other graphics function long overdue and needed to go through a spreadsheet software, graphics. It is now possible to create graphics directly from FileMaker, with all the functions expected of such tools. These graphs are dynamic, updating itself gradually changes as the contents of the database may be incorporated into models (eg to track sales of a product, or the proportions between categories, etc.), and the degree of control and configuration of this function is akin to what we can do in Excel, except that the data are drawn from a database, a tool more flexible and powerful .

It is possible to links snapshots as you can work with people on the same database FileMaker Pro, communication and data exchange are important factors. Links snapshots have been added in this version 11: they are small files containing no data, but references, allowing employees working on the same basis to exchange statements, views of the database at a time, etc.

The security file format FileMaker still lacks. Fp7, files created in FileMaker Pro 11 can be opened with a previous version. However, to avoid the frustration of someone who would open a file containing FP11 graphic example, which are only available in FP11, FP10 and not as an option was added in the security options to prevent the Opening a file created with FP11 in an earlier version.