Thread: System Profiler crashes while saving

System Profiler crashes while saving

I have installed the System Profiler on my MacBook and having issue with that. Actually where i have started the it, The System Profiler crashes while saving and this problem appear every time only when i am trying to save the things. So if you have any solution of the same problem then help me with the same. Thanks in advance

Re: System Profiler crashes while saving

I think that there is some issue with the disk utility so perform the disk utility from the Mac OS CD that will perform the disk checking and if found any error or issue then repair that and correct the problem. Just insert Mac OS CD and then hole the 'C' key and choose the Disk Utility and after that from First Aid tab just browse the disk volume and perform the Disk Utility.

Try to run your computer in Safe mode which might help you to resolve this issue. The Safe boot of the Mac OS X 10.2 or later having the ability to perform the disk utility automatically which will detect the error and correct them by repairing the same. After the complete process finished restart the computer in Normal Mode. To get into the safe mode hold the Shift key at boot time.

Its better to perform the disk utility which will help you to resolve the problem related to the disk. To perform the Disk Utility follow the steps given below.
    • Start from your Mac OS X Install disc: Insert the installation disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
    • When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
      Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.
    • Click the First Aid tab.
    • Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
    • Select your Mac OS X volume.
    • Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

If the System Profiller is not working properly and giving error while saving then this could be the issue of the Disk. Just Get into the Safe Mode and then from there Go to to Applications and then to the Utilities and now click on the Disk Utility. Select the drive of yours and the click on Repair permission and after completion of the same just reboot the computer and again try to save the profile in System Profiler. Hope this will work for you.

Hey thanks for all your reply with the problem i am getting with the System Profiler saving which i am unable to solve and with the quick response of you people now i am able to perform the saving on the System Profiler. I have tried the repair permission of the Disk Utility and it resolved my issue that i am looking for.