Thread: Composing Generic for Slideshow in Quicktime

Composing Generic for Slideshow in Quicktime

Hi,
    I am tying to create my own sound for my sideshow tool. I am founding this difficult to work on. First of all how to create a composition in Quicktime. I am using a MAC pc and not willing to add any other tool as I want to publish that slideshow online. The other thing is that I need some tips to create a better slideshow on iPhoto and mix the soudn on it.

Re: Composing Generic for Slideshow in Quicktime

The text tracks allow QuickTime to create generic down easily and can then be incorporated into an iMovie project (DV). iMovie knows to create generic drop but the use of QuickTime tracks text provides more flexibility and allows a little more creativity. For that open the sequence and than set the size and frequency to 480x208 pixels and 24 fps. Then Type your generic with a text editor with correct syntax text track in QuickTime. After the header QTText, should clarify the time scale, here we take the frequency of the original film (24 fps) and the exact dimensions of the movie (480x208 pixels).

This work automatically in iPhoto, but it also possible to make motion animation from photos or drawings. For this all photos must be cropped the same format if possible. Once your photos prepared, place them in a folder and rename the following diagram xxxxnnn.eee or xxxx is the prefix (eg photo) or nn order number (eg 001) or ee extension (eg.tif). This is the format which will quicktime will identify.

It is necessary that if you trying to create your own slideshow with music then the photos must have equal properties. The peculiarity of the photos is being taken in portrait or landscape, if your slide show must include these 2 types will not be possible to crop your photos in the same format. In this case, choose one format encompassing both portrait and landscape photos, create a black background, with your editing software like Photoshop, Graphic Converter, etc. of a single size to serve as background to your pictures.

It will be much easier if you offers a sequence of number to the photos. Like photos 001, photos 002, etc. Then lunch QuickTime Player and select file + open a series of image. Choose the first images. QuickTime Player you to select the frequency, choose according to your mood (5 seconds per image). A sequence is created with your photos, view it to confirm your cropping. If you get a gray background around certain images is that one or several of them have different dimensions.

Here is a way to add up the sound to the slide show. Open photos cropped to the same format on a black background musical sequence file. Press Apple + N to creates an empty sequence. Select the entire audio clip and copy the audio track and paste this into the empty sequence. Place the cursor of the untitled movie at the beginning and add the selected slide in range (APPLE + ALT + SHIFT + V or Edit + Add to scale). This has the effect of sticking your slideshow but adjusting the length thereof on the duration of the audio track existing. So your slideshow will be exactly the same duration as the music. Play the sequence to validate your slideshow.