Thread: How to Recover iTunes Library

How to Recover iTunes Library

Recently i restored my system which reset everything that was present on my system. After that when i downloaded the itunes application and connected my ipod, It is telling me that my ipod is synced with some other iTunes library. Please tell me how to recover the iTunes Library without loosing my iPod data. I would be thankful to you.

Re: How to Recover iTunes Library

You can do this in several different way like pulling the music off your ipod onto iTunes. But please try to make it sure that when you plug in the ipod on your system you did not select "Erase and sync" before completing the task of copying the music on your computer. i hope that this will fix your issue.

Well it would have been better if you have mentioned the Model of your Ipod and also the version of the iTunes application which you are using. Because this information would have helped me to predict some suitable solution on this problem. Try to post these information as early as possible.

Connect your ipod on to the system then it should show my computer right click and select Explore and double click the ipod. By default these files are hidden so unhide the files and folders. Locate \iPod_Control\Music copy the stuffs on to your hard drive. Now add these files to iTunes this will definitely help you.

The program called Anapod copygear will surely help you in retrieving everything from your ipod. using this you can also retrieve the videos , images, Tv programs and iTunes music store. using this you can also select which of the files should be transferred. Use this if you want to restore a large number of files only.

I would recommend you to follow the indstruction which i have mentioned below in order to recover your iTunes Library

* If the iTunes loads after plug in your iPod , Remember to stop it automatically by pressing the X in the upper right corner of the window.
    * Now it will show upon My Computer as a Mobile device, double click on your ipod unhide the files if they are hidden.
    * Copy the music from "iPod_Control\Music" and restore them on your iTunes .