Thread: iTunes 9.0.3 won't install

iTunes 9.0.3 won't install

I have downloaded the iTunes 9.0.3 using the software update and then i installed it without any sort of error so i tried to check the iTunes application version it appears as it is still 9.0.2. I do not know why the iTunes 9.0.3 won't install. please help me to get rid of this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: iTunes 9.0.3 won't install

I would recommend you to install the full dmg file again and then try to install it again on your system. Since the update seems as it is not working correctly. Hence it is advisable to delete the iTunes installer application which is already present on your system and then reinstall i think that this will resolve your problem.

I had the exact same issue with my system but i am using a Macbook would you please elaborate on your statement if you are familiar about the Macbook and also with the OS. How to go about it. After all i finished the upgradation when i checked the itunes about screen it seems as no upgrade.

The best possible solution to solve this problem is to reinstall the iTunes application follow the steps which i have mentioned below:

1. Drag the iTunes application from the application folder to Trash.
    2. Then open the Hard disk select Library and then open Receipts and then drag the iTunesX.pkg to the Trash.
    3. Now reinstall the iTunes using the .dmg file
    Now check the iTunes application version it will be OK.

The above solution did not work at all. After trying your steps i could not still get the problem solved. Do i have to delete some other files too while reinstalling. Are you sure it is interpreted or what may be it has been upgraded and it just shows as iTunes 9.0.3 in the about file. please help

I also had this same problem but i got the fix as i visited the apple site for support and there i got an instruction for uninstalling the iTunes which i followed and then i reinstalled the iTunes and the just rebooted my system it started working after that. Hopefully this will resolve your issue definitely.