Thread: How to add images to Windows 7 Media Center Movie Library?

How to add images to Windows 7 Media Center Movie Library?

I am using the Windows 7 operating system with my home computer which come up with the Media Center in it. I have added the movies to the library if the same and now need add the image to the same so that i can recognize the movie with their image easily. But problem is that i have no idea about How to add images to Windows 7 Media Center Movie Library?. So help me with the same. Thanks in advance

Re: How to add images to Windows 7 Media Center Movie Library?

For that first you have to make the selection of the each movie in the separate folder which will be easier for you to add the image. Now install the 'YAMMM' tools to your computer. Now when you are installing the same at that time you will have to follow some steps so just see the step below
    • Click on Library tab
    • Click on include Folder
    • Select the Movie folder and OK
    • If you are having more then one folder repeat the above step
    • If you are fetching the network folder then type the password and user name for then in the below section
    • Click on Setting tab
    • Check the “Rename movie files…” and “Rename movie folders…” box
    • Now click on Save and OK to exit the setting

Now when you will start the movie library you will get the image set by the YAMMM.

AS i am having the lots of movie stored in the one folder it is little difficult for me to manage all the movie to a separate folder which will take lots of time and effort. So id there any tools is there that will move the Movie into the separate folder. If there is any then let me know about the download and working of the same.

Yes there is a tools which automatically creates and moves the movie files from your folder to the separate folder with the same name of the file. This structure is required by Media Browser. You just download the "File2Folder script" from here and then extract the file and run the file2folder.bat. This will open the command console and move the files to separate folder. Now click any key to finish the same. Now you will get all your movies in the separate folder and can continue with YAMMM

I have perform the same as you have suggested me to do and find the File2Folder and YAMMM tools really working for me and suggested the same to others also. I need one more help of yours that is regarding the metadata of the Windows 7 Media Center Movie library. How to add the metadata to the same. Help me with this too.

You have to use the same YAMMM tools for adding the Metadata to the Movies library of the Windows 7 Media Center. Just start the YAMMM and then go to the Metadata tab and Under “Create the following meta information files,” check Windows 7 Media Center.Also check the all the user under the User section and click on save button. Now when you will start the Media center and open the library you will get the Metadata with each file. Bye