Thread: Unable to install PowerDirector in windows 7

Unable to install PowerDirector in windows 7

I am using the a system running with the windows 7 operating system. Can anyone tell me why i am not able to install the PowerDirector on my windows 7 PC. I was using this tool precisely with the windows XP operating system but why it cannot be installed in windows 7 . Please help me to solve this matter

Re: Unable to install PowerDirector in windows 7

Sometime these errors usually occurs while installing PowerDirector because of reboot during installation. You may have not uninstalled the previous version of the PoweDirector. So you will not be able to install it in this situation you will have to uninstall the PoweDirector previous version first and then reinstall the newer version on your system.

You may get this error because of two reason either the previous version of the PowerDirector may have not removed or uninstalled properly from the system. or you may not have the QuickTime installed. PowerDirector cannot be successfully installed because the previous step of QuickTime installation cannot completed.

This error may be because your system may not have the QuickTime installed. Since your system does not have the QuickTime installed you will not be able to install the PowerDirector. It may be due to that there is another 3rd party codecs that has installed QuickTime alternative codec, such as Storm Codec or K-Lite Codec Pack. Uninstall these codecs and install the official Apple QuickTime 7 Player. After QuickTime is installed, try installing PowerDirector again.

I think that you have some traces of PowerDirector installed on your system or you have not removed the program yet. Hence first try to remove the threat and then try installing it again on your system if cannot remove it manually then i download the uninstaller from the link which i had given below

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe

Use it to remove the PowerDirector and then install it again.

your system may have been infected by a virus and hence i will suggest you to scan your system with a suitable antivirus if you are not able too find an antivirus then simply download the eScan Anti-Virus 10.0 on your system and install it and then use it to remove the virus from your system follow the link
    eScan Anti-Virus 10.0

Got the same problem installing Powerdirector 8 ultra in Windows 7 on a brand new machine. Traces of old software therefore not the problem and i have downloaded Apple Quicktime 7 as suggested but disc still won't read on new PC. Any more wisdom out there?? Cheers