Thread: How to make the Windows 7 media center start live TV automatically?

How to make the Windows 7 media center start live TV automatically?

Hi there, As i am using the Windows 7 operating system and my problem is related to that only. When i start the Windows 7 media center i have to take few steps to allow the Live TV to start which is frustrating some time when i know what i want. So help me with the How to make the Windows 7 media center start live TV automatically? Thank you

Re: How to make the Windows 7 media center start live TV automatically?

First you have to decide that from where you are accessing the Windows Media Center so that it can be possible for us to make the solution of your issue. Let me assume that you are starting from the Desktop so first right click on the Desktop Icon and then go to the Properties and now move to the shortcut tab. Here in the target just enter a space and type this “/mcesuperbar://tv?live=true” and hit OK that it!!!!!!

Hey if you want to open the Windows Media Center directly for the live TV then you to take the help of the step give below which are having the detail discussed for the achieving the same. Just go through the step.

• Right Click on the Desktop Icon
    • And the Click on the Properties
    • Click on Shortcut tab
    • Click on target and paste %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe “/mcesuperbar://tv?live=true”
    • Click OK
    • And you are done now double clicking on desktop shortcut will open the Live TV only. All the best

Hey, Thanks for all your help that you have given me regarding the issue that i am getting with the Windows 7 Media Center and your quick response is appreciated fro the reply. But having one more issue that is with the Media Center only. As you have discussed about the Desktop icon for the Live TV but i am accessing the media center from Start up menu. So help me fro this also.

No issue we can tell you about that also this will be done in the same manner as we have done for the Desktop icon. If you are having any issue doing that for Start up menu then follow the steps that is given below. I hope that you will like it
    • Click on Start Menu
    • Go to the Windows Media Center
    • Right Click on that
    • Click on Properties from context menu
    • Jump to Shortcut tab
    • Now on target paste %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe “/mcesuperbar://tv?live=true”
    • Click On OK
    • Thats it!!!!

You can use Windows Media Center to watch live and recorded TV programs. You can even pause or rewind live TV so you don't miss any of the action. You can get more about this on the Microsoft's Official Site so that you can get more knowledge about it. You can also check the Forums thread about the Live TV given below
    Live tv on windows media center