Thread: Steps to split large files into several parts with GSplit

Steps to split large files into several parts with GSplit

Hi, i need some urgent guidance from you all guys. I have a file that i need to send a friend via mail. but the problem is that the file is huge in size, about 3 GB. So, i decided to send the file in parts and hence i downloaded GSplit to do the task. But i dont know how to use this application. Could you guys please make me know the steps to split large files into several parts with GSplit ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks .

Re: Steps to split large files into several parts with GSplit

GSplit is a great toll that help you to automatically split files into several parts and safely. The software compares the data cut with the original file to verify that no information has been lost. Of course, GSplit does not load just to cut the files into several parts: it also helps integrate the pieces to find the original files. If your correspondents do not GSplit, you can easily create an archive into several pieces that will be picking up all alone! When grouping files into one, the data are again analyzed to ensure that you are completely identical to the original large file.

Below is the step by step to split files using GSplit:-

• Double click the GSplit icon and run the software.
    • Click the Browse button.
    • Select your hard drive to cut the file then click Open.
    • In the General toolbox, click the command destination.
    • Click the Browse button and select the folder where to put the pieces of the cut file. Note that the original file is not changed and remains intact. Click OK.

Thats it !!

You can also put size manually that you want the files to be. To do so click on Type and Size in the toolbox parts. Then select the type of parts to create. Option Parts block allows you to create pieces of a fixed size. Option Parts Deployed allows you to create pieces whose size is adapted to the available space on the media used. The latter option is recommended for cutting on floppy disks or USB sticks. In all other cases, select parts in blocks. You can then specify the size of each piece. For pieces of 700 MB, enter 700 and select MB. GSplit tells you the number of pieces that will be created.

You can use predefined values corresponding to certain media (CD or DVD) by clicking on the preset button and selecting the appropriate value. Click OK. Rather than indicating the size of the pieces, you can also specify the number of pieces you want. GSplit then automatically calculates the size of pieces. Pull down for this list I want to set the size for all the part files and select the option I want to set the exact number of pieces to create.Then indicate the number of parts desired. GSplit tells you the size of each piece.

After defining the size of the file, click the Cut button. The large file is cut into several pieces. Once the division completed (following the file size and performance of your hard drive, this may take several tens of minutes), a report is displayed. Click on the link Open the folder with Windows Explorer to go to the folder containing the pieces of the file. The pieces have the extension. And a GSD file. EXE is added in order to easily pick up, even without installing GSplit. You can then easily transfer your file by sending all its pieces.

Now that your file is cut into several pieces, you can easily transfer over the Internet. Once in possession of all the pieces, you can easily assemble to retrieve the original file. The file disk1.EXE generated during cutting will allow you to do this without installing GSplit. If you do not have this file, you must install GSplit. In order to do that:
    1. Double click the file Disk1.EXE accompanying songs in your large file.
    2. In the window that opens, information on the source file is given.
    3. Click the Browse button and select the folder where to put the assembly file. Click Save.
    4. Finally, click on the button to begin the Unite rejoining.
    5. The operation can last several tens of minutes depending on the weight of your file and the speed of your computer.
    6. After checking that the final file is correct and accurate, GSplit inform you when the assembly was held successfully. Click the Close button.
    7. If you do not have the executable file to assemble the pieces, you can reassemble with GSplit.