Thread: How to perform Clone Backup in MAC OS X

How to perform Clone Backup in MAC OS X

Hi,
    How to perform clone backup in MAC. I want to create backup of my files which I will restore back after I re-install MAC. This I am doing due to virus issue. I had found the system working slow. Copying data individually will consume time so for that purpose clone backup is the easiest one. What steps will be needed to do this and what software do I have to use in this. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to perform Clone Backup in MAC OS X

Perform a system backup OS X and possibly applications as well as your personal files is a rather delicate and requires the use of suitable software. That is will be quiet easier and safer for you. In fact, Mac OS X is much more complex than fire Mac OS 9, even if only for the famous permissions associated with the UNIX system from Apple. Try Carbon Copy Cloner for this purpose.

You can do one this. Simply drag and drop files and folders of your OS X partition to another volume, or write via the Finder or with Toast your OS X partition on CDs or DVDs. This will be a better choice and easy way. But this is only suitable for low data. If you an considerably large amount of data then this option is not recommended.

What happen case if you accidentally format your drives or you hard drive stop working. This makes the mess later on. There are several options: Make a backup or even better yet Clone his OS X partition. You can generate a exact clone of your Hard drive by any backup software like SuperDuper or any other simple. Better move your data to an external media or network location.

You can acquire an external hard drive (firewire or USB 2) bootable to house the backup partition or clone it. It is indeed very important to install the backup or clone it on another disk drive that is used daily (one where your main OS X partition), because if your main hard drive just to make the soul, your backup / clone you can be of no use if it is installed on that hard drive.

Download and Install SuperDuper. That will be the easiest way for you. Then run the software and click on Copy. Choose your drive using the Backup all option. Run the backup. You can choose the needed output location for the same. After that go to options and then just ensure that you have selected Repair Permissions while cloning your drive.