Thread: Outlook 2010 locks up automatically

Outlook 2010 locks up automatically

i have installed the outlook beta on my windows 7 system. Yesterday when i opened the outlook 2010 program it suddenly got locked up Although the outlook window appeared on the screen the cursors blue circle seems doing something but is actually hanged and it does nothing. So i have to restart the computer with the buttons. please help me to solve this problem

Re: Outlook 2010 locks up automatically

It appears that your outlook profile has been corrupted so i would like to suggest you to male a new profile or account on the ms outlook 2010 beta because the outlook 2010 may have been disabled due to the corruption of your profile and hence the creation of new profile should help you surely.

I think that youhave not installed an antivirus on your system and this virus might have been the culprit behind the disabling of the outlook program so try to download the microsoft security essential on your system and install it and then check whether your outlook 2010 beta start working.

I had faced the similar problem with the my outlook 2010 beta and for your information my system was running with the windows 7 operating system i got the solution to this problem as i created a new profile on my outlook express and then deleted the older profile and this solution really fixed this problem.

Thanks for replying me in this matter as you all have mentioned i created a new profile on the outlook 2010 beta and then deleted the older profile. but this does not resolve my issue after this i downloaded the microsoft security essential and scanned my system it detected a threat and removed it but this too could not solve the problem.

Sounds like this problem was due to the virus that was present in your system which corrupted the ms outlook file. The microsoft security essential was able to remove the virus but it could not repair the system files so a reinstallation will repair the damages done to the ms outlook 2010 file and it will start working

I have a Dell Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz/8GBRAM Windows 7 Pro Ultimate 64-bit, Office 2010 Pro and Norton Antivirus installed on my computer.

My outlook kept freezing up for 3-5 minutes and sometimes even lock up when I tried to reply to all and forward emails. Same thing if I created a calendar item. For the past few months, I just dealt with the problem because I like many of the new features in Outlook 2010 and didn’t want to revert back to 2007 since I know I didn’t have these issues with 07.

Of course I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, rebooted, started in safe mode, etc. (all the basic stuff) with no success. I even went as far formatting and reloading the OS (Win7 Pro 64-bit) and starting clean just in case a corrupted file wasn’t being replaced. No luck. Same issue. Then this morning I thought I would remove my virus protection (Norton Security Suite 4.0 from Comcast) and try McAfee. After removing Norton, Outlook 2010 worked perfect! No issues! Apparently there was something in Norton that was causing Outlook to freeze up.

I know there are a lot of people having issues and I’ve been on many forums where there isn’t a solution so many people are waiting for SP1 for Outlook 2010 (office 2010) for a solution.