Thread: Unable to save file in Notepad++

Unable to save file in Notepad++

I am using the acer aspire laptop installed with windows 7. I was using the notepad ++ text editor but from past few days i am unable to save files in notepad++. I have tried a number of times but could not save it so please help me to save this file. Any help would be appreciated heavily. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Unable to save file in Notepad++

You might be facing this issue because your system files may have been corrupted because of some virus infection. Hence in this matter you must try to uninstall all the traces of notepad ++. Then reinstall the fresh copy of Notepad ++ and check whether you can save this files or not. Hope this helps

Have you entered the file name properly before saving the properly. These type of error may occur because you may be trying to save the file with some other extension which is not supported in the Notepad++ . i would like to know the Extension in which you are trying to save the file to implement on this problem.

Most probably your system has been infected due to some virus objects which has changed the registry of your system. I think Unless and until you delete this virus from your system. Because after deleting this virus only you can try save the file using the Notepad++ application. Till then use the notepad

These files are not saved because your notepad++ program file application may have been corrupted and you need to repair this Notepad++ application if the notepad application setup has the option to repair the Notepad ++ file. If not, then a re-installation will definitely work in this situation.

Notepad ++ is really a very good application i am using this program because it is quiet faster than most of the text editors and also has some very good features. If it has stopped working then i will tell you to install the latest version of notepad++ if this still does not help then try to restore your system.