Thread: What is Microsoft Works 9?

What is Microsoft Works 9?

Hello. I have recently gone through an article and got to know that there is some kind of tool application developed by Microsoft that is Microsoft Works 9. I do not know what kind of application is it or how much minimum system requirements it needs to work out. Can anyone help me out in giving the knowledge about the same so that i can be aware of it. Thank you.

Re: What is Microsft works 9?

The application that you want to know about that is Microsoft works 9 is basically an office tool that is been developed by Microsoft. It is somehat like office tool but has good features and better capability to make the applications to work and perform in a better way. You need to make the things to work possibly correct by proper installation to the compatible system.

Microsoft works basically has the capability to make the things or applications to function with proper co-ordination even with the little tasks to the large projects. It helps you to stay top of the busy schedule. It helps in updating your contact lists, and manage household budget. It provides you worth the basic tools from start to finish.

The operating system that the application Microsoft works 9 is able to cope is as follows:

Windows Vista Home Basic
    1.5 GB of RAM or more for Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate
    470 MB of available space for Windows XP Service pack 2 or 3,
    860 MB of available space for Windows Vista

The other system requirements for the application to work with is as follows:

* Processor Required
    Pentium (or compatible) 1 GHz or faster processor for Windows XP; Pentium (or compatible) 1.6 GHz or faster processor for Windows Vista

* Media drive
    4x or faster CD-ROM or DVD drive

* Display required
    1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor

* Connectivity recommended
    14,400 bps or faster modem for certain features

It simplifies the household tasks and keeps the track of everyone's schedule with personalized calendars. It also help to track and manage the household finances with the works spreadsheet. It also write and prints the documents with Works Word Processor. Also it keeps the addresses in the work database. You can also get the step-by-step guidance with the Works Quick Tour.

Re: What is Microsoft Works 9?

I have works 4.5 but it wont install on windows 7 and I also have works 9..I want to use the billing statement part, Can I use works 9 and open the files of works .5 Thanks

Re: What is Microsoft Works 9?

Quote Originally Posted by premant View Post
    I have works 4.5 but it wont install on windows 7 and I also have works 9..I want to use the billing statement part, Can I use works 9 and open the files of works .5 Thanks
    I think that the reason you are not able to install microsoft works is because the Microsoft Works OEM version might be already installed on your computer. To check if Works is installed: Click on Start > Click on All Programs > Click on the folder Microsoft Works > Open Works application. If Works is not installed, then login to the computer using an Administrator account and try installing it. Click on Start > Computer > Open the Works 9.0 installation Folder (CD/DVD drive) > right-click on the Setup (.exe) file and select Run as Administrator

If the issue still persists try the following steps:

1. Click on Start > Search programs and files then type Run and press Enter

2. In the Run window, type msiexec /unreg then press ENTER

3. Repeat Step 1 and in the Run window, type msiexec /regserver then press ENTER

4. Try to install Works using the disc again