Thread: Logitech Pro 3000 not compatible with Windows 7

Logitech Pro 3000 not compatible with Windows 7

Hi,
    I am trying to make my Logitech Pro 3000 webcam work on Windows 7. But the same is giving out a hard time. What should be done here. This is a old working webcam which I uses on my old computer for video conferencing. But that works there. This is definitely a driver issue. I am sure there is no hardware issue here. The most important thing I will inform is that I am trying to make this cam work on Windows 7.

Re: Logitech Pro 3000 not comptible with Windows 7

Windows Seven brings its share of disappointments small which is certainly less than Vista in respect of drivers. The issue can from the manufacturers side where they are not able to provide the drivers for the latest operating system. Logitech has itself announced that no longer webcams like Logitech Pro 3000, 4000, 5000 and others can work efficiently in Windows 7.

The only way to fight with this you can try to install the latest version of the software, now called LWS, but it does not recognize the photo-video section of webcams. As for installing the QuickCam software, do not even count, an error message prevents just embarking. I had faced the same issue from my side and tried everything. But for sometime I had managed to make the cam work on some software under compatibility mode.

What happens here that when you try to install the logitech driver LWS on your computer in Windows Seven and pass error messages. The error states un the version of software provided by Logitech Quickcam for your webcam on another computer or partition Vista or XP (regardless of whether 32 or 64 bit. And the installation will fail, but now as the drivers unpacked to a temporary directory. I had stucked till here are not able to get the issue out of it. But fortunately I found my types driver in Logitech's update.

Once you unpack the drive the location of driver in Vista lies in C: \ Users \ xyz \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ Logitech \ Drivers. And the same in Windows XP lies in C: \ Program Files \ Logitech. Now you can move the driver to a USB, just copy the file. Now open go to Control Panel, to identify an unknown device - and possibly an audio device. Click on Update Driver, this option can be found in the properties of the unknown device. Then select find a driver on my computer. Provide the USB location and you are done.

The above does not support this method and will not intervene in case of system instability. To this day, many users have experienced success with the method have not had any problems.The only way to fix this issue is using a driver detective software for your computer. Better search on the official site of Windows 7 or Logitech for the driver updates. Otherwise there is no way of using it.