Thread: Hyperlinks and Acrobat Reader

Hyperlinks and Acrobat Reader

Hello,
    In a base for research data on specific chemicals, I have a field containing a hyperlink showing the path to a sheet of detail desired product, in pdf format. Click on this link does not open the document associated with Acrobat Reader. The opening seems to be so very fleeting. (Previously, documents formatted doc opened fine with Word. Is this possible or this is not. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Re: Hyperlinks and Acrobat Reader

Hello,
    Could you possibly 2 versions of Acrobat? That is what is the version of the Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. I think the version also depends in this circumstances. If you are using the updated acrobat reader and it is not reading your documents from the internet then you can remove that is uninstall the reader and install it again with the fresh copy and see if it opens up the document.

Hello,
    I am trying the same kind of a code, if you have any idea about it thne please let me know. i am trying to do it by coding, here is my code
    Code:
    Private Sub On_Click()
    We Error GoTo Erron_click

Sun str As String

str = "C: \ Program Files....../..AcroRd32.exe"
        Call Shell(str, 1)

Exiton_click:
        Exit Sub

Erron_click:
        MsgBox Err.Description
        Resume Exiton_click

End Sub
    If you have any other code which is related to this then please do post back.

Hello,
    CA opens well, but I must retrieve the contents of a category that contains the hyperlink to the sheet to read and add at the end of the line stAppName = but I can not concatenate the two pieces. In fact I would need something like
    Code:
    stAppName = "C: \ Program Files ............... AcroRd32.exe G: \ SECURITY \ SHEETS AND LIST OF USE PRODUCTS .......... test.pdf"
    In writing this hard, it works, but by setting the party capital, it does not work, because I can not write the correct syntax, probably.

Hello,
    The handling of long file names in a case like this should fill the strings in quotes. Created a shortcut on your desktop with the contents of stAppName and its syntax looks to inspire you. If you want to open a PDF in having his way, doing research on the forum "ShellExecute" function and test to see if you can run it.

Hello,
    I have a form that summarizes a report and I have a text box that is the hyperlink in my pdf file located on a network. Of course the network path to access the file is 3.5 kilometers long but it works. In my field I only appear the name of the pdf file, the path is the underlying
    Code:
    Forms! Form "ln.Value = sometest & "#" & & StrChm "#"
    sometest is a constant that retrieves the name of your file share
    Strchm is constant you set the path where the file
    Of course it goes without saying that in the construction of your table, the field "ln" must be hypertext.