Thread: Entourage : The recipient can not open my attachment

Entourage : The recipient can not open my attachment

Hi,

I use entourage 2008 on my macintosh pc. Everything works fine. I don't have any my while sending mail but the recipient can not open my attachment. I can read the same email in a webmail interface (SquirrelMail) and I can even open the attachment. Then what may be the reason ???

Re: Entourage : The recipient can not open my attachment

The system is encoded in a format that is not supported by the recipient's computer. You need send the attachment using a different encoding format. To do this :

1. Attach the file to a message.

2. Click on the arrow next to plants to expand the range equipment, and then click on the button below the range of investment options.

3. Click the coding for the desired encoding option.

Note By default, systems are encoded in Entourage with the Apple Double format, thus maintaining the additional resource information. As the default encoding format, this represents a good choice, since such files can be received and opened on most computers. When recipients open the attachment is not one in this format can be encoded, select the encoding option for their specific computing environment, or the appropriate operating system.

This may be happen, if the file name for the attachment contains no file extension. Solution: Send the attachment with the file to the filename extension.

1. Attach the file to a message.

2. Click on the arrow next to plants to expand the range equipment, and then click on the button below the range of investment options.

If you're using compatibility and performance that the checkbox is selected add file extensions.

I think, the recipient does not have software to unzip a ZIP file. So you must send the attachment without compression in ZIP format. Attach the file to a message. Note Make sure that the attached Annex is not compressed in ZIP format. Click on the arrow next to plants to expand the range equipment, and then click on the button below the range of investment options. Clear the check box to compress under compression in ZIP format. Note folders can not be sent without compression as an investment. Add instead of sending a folder, the files in the folder as a single generation plants.

It might be possible that the software installed on the recipient's computer is not suitable for opening the file type. If this the issue than save the file in another file format, and then resubmit it. If the recipient, for example, Word has not been installed, he can open any attachment, which is a Word document. Ask the receiver, which file formats can be opened on the computer. Open the file in the application that created the system, and save it in a format that is compatible with the recipient's computer.

You can send files and folders by dragging them to an e-mail message. When you attach a message to a folder, it will be compressed in zip format from Entourage. Folders can not be sent without compression. Open the message you want, you add something. Click Attach. Locate the item you want to attach. Click on the item and then click Select. A list of the facilities of the message appears below the Subject field.

If you want to set the encoding and other options for the facility, click on the arrow next to plants to see the investment field, and then click the button below the installation window.

For security reasons, certain facilities such as EXE and APP files from numerous e-mail services and e-mail blocked applications because they may contain viruses or other threats. To add a message to a file that is blocked by the application of the receiver may, Entourage will ask you if you want to compress the message in ZIP format. When the recipient receives a compressed attachment from a trusted source, the plant can be uncompressed to access the file.