Thread: Windows Photo Gallery

Windows Photo Gallery

I cannot open my photos in my Document folder. When I click on a photo there it opens Photo Gallery and displays only photos in my Picture folder.
    When I click on a photo in Picture folder it also opens the entire gallery and I have to click again to open the photo. Anyone knows what is wrong?

Re: Windows Photo Gallery

Have you properly checked the photo. have placed the photo on it default. AS these are the default folder that is being storing the download data automatically. If you have specified the data somewhere else then it will directly go there so first check for the destination of the photo and then check again.

smile Re: Windows Photo Gallery

Not quite sure what you mean. I don't have any default folder for my photos - but Windows Photo Gallery expects all the photos to be in Picures Folder. I do have photos in My documents folder and also in some sub-folders in documents. Of course I can change the settings and have all my jpeg and other pictures opened with Micrsoft Photo Editor or Paint and there is no problem at all. I just would like to open with the Photo Gallery.

Re: Windows Photo Gallery

I cannot quite understand what your problem is. To open any image with Windows Photo Viewer, you can use the "Open With" option, that is available on right-clicking on the image. You have mentioned that you have to do this for every image. So, to avoid this problem, in place of using the Open With option, just use the "Choose Default Program" option. There you have to put a check mark on "always use the selected program for opening this kind of file", by selecting Windows Photo Viewer.

unsure Re: Windows Photo Gallery

Thanks Glenny. I know it sounds a little starnge - and it is difficult to explain. I was aware of the "open with" option as you mentioned - and I do use that and use Microsoft Photo Editor or Paint to open as default to have it work. Then I have no problems opening any of my photos whatever folder they might be in. But I would like to use the Windows Photo Gallery that way. I have a laptop and it works fine - I have compared all the settings on that and my pc and they are the same, EXCEPT I see a small difference, that I don't know how to correct: When I rightclick on a photo on my laptop (that works fine) and take properties I get a window "General" "Security" and "Summary". Under General there is a small icon that looks like a small frame with a landscape. That's how I recognise it and how it should look. It says "Type of file: JPEG" and a smal icon, looks like a small screw, and "opens with: Windows Photo Gallery". Those two icons are different on my pc, where it does not work. Both icons here are the Windows Photo Gallery icon: a small photo with a vase and a flower. .... Did all this make any sense?