Thread: How can I sync Palm Desktop with ical

How can I sync Palm Desktop with ical

Hi,

I have a Palm Z22 , an iMac G5 with Mac OS X 10.3.9. I have just installed Missing Sync. My problem is I cannot sync with iCal. I tried to disable Hotsync, but it seems that when you install Missing Sync, has been offline only, finally I moved the Palm desktop to the trash, Anybody know, how can I sync Palm Desktop with ical?

Re: How can I sync Palm Desktop with ical

To sync Palm Desktop with ical, follow the steps below :

1. Make backup of everything (this is fundamental, just in case).
    1. Uninstall MissingSync completely.
    2. Uninstall PalmDesktop completely uninstall and HotSync Manager.
    3. Once you've ascertained that there are no programs as mentioned above, then you start to install MissingSync to avoid incompatibilities.
    4. Set the MissingSync slowly, follow the step by step procedure. And configure iSync with care and its will work.

With the Palm Z22 you could use the PalmDesktop, which is the software to synchronize a Palm device with a computer. You can also use iSync, the synchronization application for Mac OS X. Open iSync and check the help. There you will see how to configure a Palm device so that it can synchronize with the Mac and how to sync contacts and events with Address Book and iCal.

You can only sync to one personal information manager (PIM) at a time. I use ISync . If you have not already set up, the iSync help section explains how. After configuring isync, click the sync button. A message indicating that connect the device appears and click the HotSync button, but there is a Sync Without Palm OS option. Then click on it and you we be able to sync Palm Desktop with ical.

It is not necessary (although recommended) to use Missing Sync to synchronize with iCal, Address Book on Macintosh. It sure Missing Sync is the best solution because it offers seamless integration between the two platforms (Palm and Mac). However, it is quite possible to use iSync to synchronize that. In this case, we will lose some functionality (including classes) and the sync is difficult or impossible if you use Mac OS 10.5 Leopard. By cons, under Tiger, it works well.