Thread: How to use SharpKeys to replace keyboard keys

How to use SharpKeys to replace keyboard keys

Hi, I am a Windows Xp user. While surfing on this site, I found a application called SharpKeys here. Well, O found it little interesting and downloaded the same. Now I want to replace some keys of my keyboard with some other but i don't know how to do that. So I request you guys to please show me some way of using the same. I had seen a few pictures but I am unable to figure out the way to use the same.

Re: How to use SharpKeys to replace keyboard keys

SharpKeys is a Registry hack that is used to make certain keys on a keyboard act like other keys. All you have to do is launch it and then simply select from a list or press the button to replace a key. You can indicate the function on the same and it is quiet easy to use. Remember that the software will be responsible for making changes in the registry. So there can be more issue and it wont be able to restore the old registry settings back again.

Re: Replacing the keyboard keys

With SharpKeys, you can define the new mapping for the keys on your keyboard. You can for example ensure that the Caps Lock key (Caps Lock) behaves like the enter key or Shift. Here is the step by step process for the same:-
    • Double click the file SharpKeys.exe to launch the software and click OK.
    • Click the Add button.
    • Click the button type key to the left column.
    • Press the button to replace and click OK.
    • Then select in the right column to assign function to this button. You can also press the appropriate key by clicking on the button type key.
    • Click OK. Add the same way other "redirects".
    • Finally, click on the Write button to Registry.
    • Click OK then Close.
    • Restart your computer to apply the change.

Thats it. You are done.

SharpKeys registry is a hack that is used to make certain keys on a keyboard act like other keys. After booting, click on Add and select the From List button to change, eg the one with the symbol of the book. Then choose from the list the new key to use, eg the one with the @ sign. It works perfectly anyway. When you're ready, click Write to registry and restart the PC. You can easily cancel all changes through the window Main SharpKeys.

SharpKeys includes support for up to 104 mappings, an extensive list of available keys, and a "Type Key" option to help when managing mappings. If a mapping is not practical, you can easily cancel the operation and return the original key. To do so, just try these steps:-
    1. Start SharpKeys double clicking the file SharpKeys.exe located in the folder you unzipped.
    2. Select the mapping to remove and click the Delete button.
    3. Write to Registry Click on OK and then Close.