Thread: How do I configure the middle button?

How do I configure the middle button?

Hi,

I have a windows xp and the HP PC, recently changes my old mouse and bought new one and I have a LG three-button mouse, for my applications like fox the middle button is not configured, how do I configure the middle button?

Re: How do I configure the middle button?

I think there is no need to manually configure it, its already configured for many default works, like in firefox pressing middle button opens new tab in firefox window. and middle button also do the functioning of scrolling.

doesn't your middle button for mouse works? i also purchased the three button mouse recently from iball and its middle mouse button works very well, i didn't any configuration. If your mouse is new then you should visit the customer support regarding the working of middle mouse button. Hope this helps. Good luck

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

You must install the software that comes with the mouse to enable the middle button. This button can be programmed the way you want, for example, as a shortcut to a program that you use a lot. If you do not have this software (your mouse came without floppy or CD), try using the driver from Logitech mice in general work with any three-button mouse: http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/mousefiles.cfm.

Configure your Mouse middle button in Firefox

Enter about:config in your Firefox browser to configure middle mouse button special features:

• middlemouse.contentLoadURL - If you set this parameter to true, when you click the middle button, Firefox will load the clipboard contents as a URL. For Linux, this parameter is true by default, but seems not work for Windows.
    • middlemouse.openNewWindow - By default this is true, which will open a new tab when you middle click on a URL.
    • middlemouse.paste - By default this is false. If you set to true, click the middle button will paste the contents of your clipboard into the text box.