Thread: Free DSL usage monitoring software

Free DSL usage monitoring software

Hey Guys,

I had been running OSX on my Apple laptop. I have a wired/wireless LAN, but only one connection outside is through the DSL router (D-Link G604T). I would like to know that is there any utility which can help me measure my usage? Can someone help me monitor the throughput of my connection to the internet? Is there any free DSL usage monitoring software? Any one knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Free DSL usage monitoring software

If your Internet connection is through your NIC (network interface card) or through router then select the network card that is connected to the router to see traffic statistics. NetWorx is a free tool for measuring the speed of all kinds of network connections (modem, Ethernet, ISDN, DSL, wireless) and bandwidth usage. The program provides graphic representation of incoming and outgoing traffic, bandwidth reports and more.

If you want to monitor in the computer try Tautology bandwidth meter. It also logs network traffic and provides daily, weekly, monthly, and summary traffic reports. All types of incoming and outgoing IP traffic are monitored and logged. It works with the majority network connections, and is fully compatible with Windows OS.

I had been using DU meter for a few months and its a pretty good software. Or you can use Bandwidth Monitor software. As it detects network connections on computer it's installed on and monitors bandwidth through the connections. A usage log is made for your computer. Or check your usage on their web site.The program completely monitors the bandwidth usage of a specified network connection on your computer, graphically and numerically displays its state in real-time.

If you are the only one making use of your ADSL account (e.g. one PC or one shared router) then the number of concurrent connections should never exceed one. It performs packet capturing, network monitoring, protocol analyzing, packet decoding, and automatic diagnosing. Meter Pro is an easy-to-use network software for bandwidth usage monitoring, reporting, and notification. It monitors traffic of all network connections on your computer and displays graphical and numerical download and upload speeds in real-time.

By the way, i use DU Meter and Hootech Net Meter. Both are awesome to track downloads. But DU Meter has some extra features in it. Or you can view the traffic flow of your network connections (LAN and WAN) in real-time by using Bandwidth Monitor. The software is full compatible with all kinds of network connections.