Thread: Macros enabled but record macro is grayed out

Macros enabled but record macro is grayed out

Hello friends,

I had created a an Excel file in Office 2007 and now i want to create a macro in it, for that i have enabled all macros by using Trust Center settings and at the same time i had also saved my workbook to a macro-enabled version. But now when i try to click on developer toolbar , i see that my record macro is grayed out. Can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue ?

Record Macro greyed out

It seems that some of your files might had got corrupted because of which you are your record macro is grayed out in that case i would suggest you to reinstall your Office and have a check for the same and at the same time also update your anti virus and have a virus scan because virus might also be one of the reason for grayed out.

Thanks for replying me i had reinstall my Office 2007 and also check out that my system is virus free, does anyone know what would be exact issue or tell me why my record macro is grayed out, and if i try to use the same setup on another system then over there also facing same issue. When i told my friend about the issue he told me that i had made some mistake while setting up macro.

I was also facing similar type of issue with my Office 2007, whenever i want to record macro it's being grayed out because of which i was not able to use it and at the same time i have reinstalled to insure all features were installed. Under Macro settings, I selected "Enable all macros". Still nothing. Macros worked fine for me in 2003 version don't know why it's not working in 2007.

It seems that while installing Office 2007 you had not select Visual Basic for Applications, so you need to reinstall it again and try to use MSO2007 Installation and over here make sure Visual Basic for Applications option is installed along with Office Shared Features. After that enable your macros by clicking on office button, then go to Excel Options, select Trust Center - - > Trust Center Settings and finally select macro settings and make sure you enable all macros.