Thread: Ccleaner which stops at 22%

Ccleaner which stops at 22%

hello

I have vista and internet explorer 7, When I do the scan with ccleaner 2.25 it hangs at 22% just before emptying the trash! (My trash is already empty before starting the analysis) if I uncheck "Empty Trash" it is impeccable and I can do the cleaning! help me please thank you

Re: Ccleaner which stops at 22%

Good evening,

this can actually happen, even with a fast system. I also use CCleaner, a processor at 1.9 GHz and 3 GB of RAM.

However, CCleaner works as fast as your processor does not mind, but above all more or less quickly depending on the size "of the heap of garbage" and then depending on what you ask it to do. Other software running may also hamper the cleaning (I think some virus, some internet connections etc).

Try reducing the number of "passes" to start (Options> Settings> Delete). For my config 'I am to 7 passes for 35 with Firefox + IE frankly it was getting too long.

Also, when I know that my trash is full, I empty before using Windows ... It relieves CCleaner and it's the same with right clicking near. Finally, when I know in advance that I will "throw" a lot of trash (picture missed, pieces of video that no longer serve after assembly, etc.). I immediately disables the basket before starting work or I reorients the garbage on a disk that is not scanned by CCleaner.

It would be nice if you gave a little more info such as what operating system you use, and how it hangs. Has it ever worked before for you and do something new is happening? Do you have other problems outside of it with your PC?

Try run CCleaner in safe mode , if then also it doesn't works then I would say just a bad/corrupted file that would hang certain 3rd party cleaning software, not necessarily Ccleaner. In last uninstall the CCleaner and install the latest version.