Thread: Problem using White Smoke Grammar Checker

Problem using White Smoke Grammar Checker

I want to use white White Smoke Grammar Checker with the open office writer 3.0 and also with the MS word. But i am unable to use the White Smoke Grammar Checker with these applications. I am actually not aware what is happening , i simply know that to use the White Smoke Grammar Checker for checking the text files you simply had to select the text which we want to check. Can you please explain me the procedure to achieve this whether i am doing this correctly. Help me

Re: Problem using White Smoke Grammar Checker

I think that you have not provided some of the informations such as the operating system and the version of the microsoft office you are using it might be possible that the White Smoke Grammar Checker is not compatible either with the operating system or with the version of microsoft office installed in your system.

Thanks a lot Eric B for replying to this thread. Sorry about not provideing the information which you asked. For your information i am using the Windows 7 Operating system and Microsoft office 2007. i am not very much sure about software's compatibility with the operating system. But as far as i know it is compatible with microsoft office 2007.

I have also faced the similar problem with White Smoke Grammar Checker. i tried a lot of experiments in order to make it work. I have searched for this error in a lot of forums but could not get any solution regarding this problem. But in desperation i copied the whole ms word file to a notepad file and to my surprise it detected the mistakes in the file.

If you want to check any text within the WhiteSmoke. Simply open a word processor such as a wordpad or note pad or even ms word highlight the text which you want to proofread and simply press the F2 key from the keyboard.
    If the WhiteSmoke finds any kind of error in the highlighted text it will show the corrections above those words.

The whitesmoke is compatible with almost all version of windows including the windows 7. It might be possible that in windows 7 you might not see the WhiteSmoke buttons or text in the WhiteSmoke window the please perform the following steps.
    • Open your Internet Explorer browser and go to > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab
    • Scroll down to Multimedia section and make sure the "Show Pictures" option is checked.
    • Click the "Restore Advanced Settings" button under the same tab.
    • Close Internet Explorer and launch WhiteSmoke again.
    • If you still can’t see the text or buttons please try to enlarge the WhiteSmoke window by simply dragging one of the corners

Post Problem using mail merg

I have a some problem in Open Office Writer

I am using the Open Office Version 3.2

I want to use the mail merg in word but when i am select the specific users for mail merg document they all automaticly selected all but i m only choose the specific users so how can i do this???

Re: Problem using mail merg

Hi Sohail khan,

You can try the below steps to create mail merge manually:

1) Create a new text document: File > New > Text Document, or open a pre-existing form letter with File > Open.

2) Display the registered data sources: View > Data sources (or press F4).

3) Find the data source that you wish to use for the form letter, in this case Points. Expand the Points and Tables folders, and select Sheet1. The address data file is displayed.

4) Now create or modify the form letter by typing in the text, punctuation, line breaks, and so on that will be present in all of the letters. To add the mail-merge fields where needed (such as names and addresses), click in the field heading and drag it to the appropriate point in the letter. Note that address lines should be in individual paragraphs, not separated by line breaks as might seem preferable.

More information can be found here in this pdf.

Dear Bro.

I am using this steps but in Envelope when i am go in mail merg wizard and go step 6. Edt documents field i want to check the the specific users but they select only all users i am read the total guide of Mail Merg PDF thanx for the link but there is also no solution for specific user

I want the option in Envelope main merge is that

1. First of all i need the option when i am type the karachi in the list where the karachi is located they all selected automaticly when i m type karachi. Suppose i have a contact list and i m put the information first name, last name, city, telephone, when i am type the city name so all the karachi contact select automaticly

2. In the Microsoft Office 2007 they give a option of recipients when we check on it he show the dialog box of users we check out the contacts and contacts appear on the envelope auto so if u know any option like this in Open Office so tell me please.