Thread: How to Lock a computer screen?

How to Lock a computer screen?

Hey there, I am looking for a way that will work for the problem of mine so that is why i am here. Actually when i am searching for "How to Lock a computer screen" so that when i am not working on the computer then i want to lock my computer screen for the security purpose so if any one have the knowledge about it then let me know. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: How to Lock a computer screen?

I think that you forgot to mention the operating system that you are using for computer, which will be easy for us to solve your issue regarding the locking up of the screen. Any way i am giving you the detail for the lockming of the screen for the Windows 7 hoping that you are using this for you device. In the Windows 7 you can easily lock up your computer so that no one can access the computer during the when you are not using the same. For that just press the CTRL+ALT+DEL together and it will take you the screen where you will find the option i.e. Lock your computer screen option. click on it . So next time when you want to unlock it will ask you for the password. Enter the password and its done. Thanks

Hey, I am using the Windows XP operating system for my computer and i have tried the above one for my but this does not work as i am not getting any option like "Lock your computer screen option". I hope that this feature is not in the Windows XP so help me with the method that will work for the Windows XP. Thanks

Ok as you are using the Windows Xp then this is very easy in the same you use the Keyboard button to make the computer screen lock so go with the same. On the Keyboard you will notice a windows button that is four windows icon printed on it, which is made for accessing the Windows shortcut quickly so press it with the 'L' button from the keyboard. it will lock the screen but before that set a password for the account f your so that when you unlock the system that time use this password to do the same.

If the Fast User Switching feature is enabled and you lock the computer, you can observe the same behavior as if you switched users: The computer returns to the Welcome screen and other users can log on to the computer. If the Welcome screen is enabled, the computer can also be locked if you press CTRL+ALT+DELETE (to open Task Manager), and then click Lock Computer or click Switch User on the Shut Down menu.

Hey i have read the above and like the same but let me tell you that you can also make the shortcut of the lock on the desktop that will automatically lock the screen when you will click on the same. For that you have to make the change o the system that i am giving you below
    • On the empty area of the Desktop right-click
    • Then to the New and Shortcut
    • This will open shortcut window
    • In location box write "%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation"
    • Now click on the next
    • On the next screen enter the name for the shortcut.
    • Click on Finish