Thread: Calculate Energy Consumption of a system

Calculate Energy Consumption of a system

Hi,
    I want some solution for calculating that how much power my system is drawing out. This is why because recently I had installed Windows 7. I already have Windows XP on a different partition. But both have a great difference in working. Windows 7 part is working slow and shows high cpu consumption in the Task Manager. What can be the issue. May be the graphics. Also can I shrink or extend a partion in Windows 7. If yes then how.

Re: Calculate Energy Consumption of a system

If you think that your computer is eating too much of RAM then you can reduce the energy consumption of the same Reducing energy consumption of its PCs. Windows 7 can analyze the energy consumption of your laptop and increase its
    autonomy. Run the command prompt. Enter powercfg-energy and press Enter. By this you can calculate the amount of consumption of your pc.

You can also generate a report, called Energy - report.html by the above command. Once you entered the command the report is available at C: \ Windows \ System32 \. The report mentions the particular about the current process as the requesting processor. Then you can from here get information about the services which are using the system resource and disable them as you want.

In my system I had tried this. After giving the powercfg-energy I found that some services are consuming more energy and thus reducing the system performance. To disable the services and programs not essential, type msconfig in the search box in the Start menu and press Enter. Then uncheck the appropriate boxes in the Startup and Services tabs of the System Configuration window. This report may also show some hardware problems more or less complex to solve. For that you have to run BIOS udpate.

It is possible to resize a Windows partition. That can be done without any third party software in Windows vista. To do that right-click on Computer in the Start menu. Then in the shortcut menu, choose Manage. In the tree on the left, expand Storage and click Disk Management. Right-click on the relevant partition and select Extend Volume or reduce the volume. Follow the instructions in the wizard step.

It is suggested that increasing your RAM can improve your system. Operating system like Windows 7 has high graphic look. So a dedicated video memory is a much better add on part for your case. It is recommended that you must have a Graphic card for your computer. They eat up much more power but at least the pressure on the processor and RAM is reduced to a great extent.