Thread: How to create a hard drive copy

How to create a hard drive copy

Hi,
    I need some way to copy a entire hard drive to a different partition or disc. how to do that. I want to take the backup of my system which can help me to restore that in case of any loss. My friend gave me a software called SeaTools. It helps to determine the current health of a computer and other detailed hard ware information to view. Is this really beneficial for my computer.

Re: How to create a hard drive copy

It is possible to copy a drive partition. Do this first restart the PC from the DVD of Windows Vista. When the screen capture product key appears, click SHIFT + F10 to display the command prompt. Enter the command: robocopy C: \ E: \ / e / efsraw / CopyAll / dcopy: t / r: 0. Vista also offers additional opportunities to save a disk image system. The first is accessible via the backup software in Vista, the second via the tool ImageX for administrators and present in the Installation Kit.

SeaTools is software that lets you know the real state of health of your hard drive. It allows to avoid problems of origin or software system, and ensure that concerns are met original material. Compatible with USB drives, FireWire, P-ATA (IDE), SATA, SAS and SCSI, it works both on desktop as Notebook. It is a very useful utility.

By using Seatools you can start diagnosing your computer before it gets fails. So that you get some time to get your data backup. This is very important. Anyhow you can manage the operating system but not the data. SeaTools is a Seagate software that works with all hard drives of all brands, both internal and external, and the in-depth analysis to establish a complete diagnostic equipment.

It is correct that SeaTools identifies anything unusual is that the problem is not material and that the disk is healthy. You can simply find where your hard drive is corrupted or locate the damage OS files. Then after that you can run chkdsk from cmd and fix the issue. If a virus or malware has damaged the MBR (Master Boot Record), or if there is not a hardware conflict in particular at the Master / Slave IDE chain.

If you want an complete image file of hard drive then you can use Ghost. Ghost is a nice software that can create a the disk image file. It copies everything with hard drive partition and operating system on a disc or on any other external partition. But one thing you have to make sure that DOS type programs does not work on NTFS.