Thread: AVG showing Spotify as a threat

AVG showing Spotify as a threat

Hello friends,
    I am using Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system and had install AVG antivirus on my system and everything was working fine, but as soon as i logged into spotify, AVG antivirus pop up stating that it's an threat runtime packed thermida. Early when i was using spotify, i was not getting any pop up, i think AVG is mistaking it for some sort of virus.

In your case AVG is treating it as virus because of which you are getting pop up in that case you need to right click on AVG in system tray or you need to open AVG user interface, now select components option and then goto resident shield, after that click on manage exceptions and then click on Excluded files and click on Add option and browse to c:\Program Files\Spotify\spotify.exe location and select the file then click on open. Now you can see that spotify.exe appears in the list with a selected tickbox finally click on apply and reboot your system for changes to get effected.

There is no need to worry it seems that AVG have updated their database in which they have added Spotify to their malware list because of which you are getting you getting pop up whenever you are starting Spotify. Don't worry AVG will update there information very soon and there is no need to worry about it.

AVG flag spotify as a security threat

If Avg is showing you Spotify as a threat then i would suggest you to uninstall Spotify and have a run a virus scan to ensure that your system is not begin infected with virus and now try to install Spotify and now if AVG shows you pop up then there is some issue from AVG ends and not in your system or else if you want to can also report them about the same.