Thread: Weird audio problem

sad Weird audio problem

Hi guys:

I have an weird audio problem. When i log into the computer everything works fine. Suddenly audio stops working. When i check into "sound and audio device properties" it shows "no audio device." When i restart the PC everything works fine for the moment, then after 10-15 minutes suddenly i get "no audio device."

My PC is just 10 months old. This is my config.

Windows XP service pack 2
    core 2 duo, E7400
    2 GB ram.
    Asus p5q MB

I even tried to restore but of no use. I even reinstalled the audio driver but of no use. Tried it by following step by step troubleshooting shown in properties that too did not work. I scanned for viruses, used avg, avast and comodo antivirus. But the comodo showed unclassified malware "c:\system volume information\restore{0E0....rbf}" i don't know what this is, i have quarantined this. Is this the problem??

Please HELP needed.

Re: Weird audio problem

If the audio control is grayed out then you have to check the sound hardware. This is a bit common with many pc. Last year I lot the lan port of my Gigabyte Motherboard. I was unable to get internet connection. I tried flashing bios and other stuff but nothing worked out. In your cause you can find whether the sound controller is installed in Device Manager or not. If not then you have to update the drivers. But if it is missing then your system audio chip is gone. Buy a good pci audio controller card and add the same in your pc. That would fix the issue.

I am going to provide you a tiny fix. See whether it works or not. For that press the Start key with R from the keyboard. This will launch Run box. In that type services.msc and hit. You can see a Services Dailog box. Look for Windows Audio. Right click on that and choose properties. Set the start-up type on Automatic. There are chances that this might be disabled. Once done reboot your pc and check back. Check once in device manager also. But if nothing worked then you have to go with a audio card. You can also get a usb audio port for the same.