Thread: Don't know how to insert or create AutoText in Microsoft Word

Don't know how to insert or create AutoText in Microsoft Word

Hi Friends,

I am getting lots of difficulties while understanding the AutoText in Microsoft Word. My problem is that I don't know how to insert or create AutoText in Microsoft Word. I have searched solution over my this query but didn't get any proper solution over this. If anybody knows the procedure insert or create AutoText in Microsoft Word, then please share your knowledge with me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Don't know how to insert or create AutoText in Microsoft Word

AutoText of Microsoft word is an very easy method for to speed-up the documents creation. AutoText enables you for to insert automatically predefined text in word doecument. You can make things even easier By customizing AutoText entries. For to add AutoText entries in MW word , you must first open the Normal.dot template, the template upon which all Word documents are based.Word has a number of AutoText entries pre-installed. To access them, click Insert>AutoText. Then from the sub menu, you can select from a list of entries. When you click an entry, Word automatically inserts it into your document.

For to create AutoText in Microsoft Word, follows the below steps:
    • You first need to choose the graphic or text to store as an AutoText entry.
    • The select "AutoText" option from the "Insert menu" then select over "New".
    • Then accept the type or name a new one AutoText entry, only if MS Word ask a name for AutoText.

Hi friend,

AutoText are nothing but ready made as well as the frequently used word text which is available to you for use in any word document. The benefit of AutoText is that it offers less typing. It is frequently used text that you use often in your documents. By using Microsoft Word's AutoText, your productivity will go through the roof, because you are able to produce the same amount of work product with less keystrokes and less hassle.

For to create AutoText in Word select the text that to be stored as an AutoText entry. Word inserts an entry only after four characters have been typed. For to insert the entry by using AutoText , make sure that name of AutoText must comprise at least four characters. Then if you wan to store paragraph formatting with the entry, then include paragraph mark in the selection. On the Insert menu, point to AutoText, and then click New. When Microsoft Word proposes a name for the AutoText entry, accept the name or type a new one.

Hello Friend,

Why don't you try following steps to create AutoText in Microsoft Word?
    1. First type the text & lines for AutoText enrty, then highlight this text with mouse.
    2. Then press "ALT+F3" key combination for to activate the "Create AutoText" window.
    3. Then you will see the highlighted lines with a name of choice in the box.
    4. Then click over "Ok" button.