Thread: How to add matrix effect with Photoshop

How to add matrix effect with Photoshop

Hi, i had installed Photoshop 7 on my Windows Xp computer. Actually i need some help from you all regarding photoshop. I need to make some changes in couple of images and hence i wanted to know how to add matrix effect and how to change an image into drawing? Do you guys have any idea about this ? If yes, please let me know soon. Help appreciated.

Re: How to add matrix effect with Photoshop

Although this is old effect, the Matrix effect makes your image look cool. Here is the step by step process for doing the same:-

• First create an image on a white background, RGB mode. Press D to reset the default colors.
    • Make the first filter texture / Grain, with intensity and contrast to 100 and vertical type.
    • Now the second filter with Art / Neon, with parameters like size 5 and intensity around 20 and a green light enough.
    • Now make the final filter with Stylize / Glowing Edges, options and smoothing thick 1, current 10, which will give you the square.

Thats it..

Quote Originally Posted by Carley View Post
    how to add matrix effect and how to change an image into drawing?
    As you got the way of making Matrix effect above here is to convert or change your colorful images in black and white photo. Just go through this:-

1. Open a photo and move image to grayscale (Image / Fashion / Grayscale), then duplicate the current layer.
    2. Take this negative layer (Ctrl + I or Image / Adjustments / negative)
    3. In the browser window layers, click the list and select Color Dodge -.Your image becomes almost white, but do not worry.
    4. Final touch, apply a Gaussian blur (Filter / Mitigation / Gaussian Blur) to get the design you want, by changing the settings to change the features.

Just for a tip, you can also convert your color images into Old photo look or i can say Sepia mode. It looks like that the photo might have been taken some 10 or 15 years back. To get this old look, Take the photo in grayscale using the menu Image / Mode / Grayscale. Then switch back to RGB via the menu Image / Mode / RGB Color. It remains now to give the appearance to the picture sepia. Image / Adjustments / Hue / Saturation (Ctrl + U) and adjust the image in this way (do not forget to check Redefine).

After the color is missing now look old. Add noise (via the menu Filter / Noise / Add Noise). Accommodate the settings as desired. A board, choose the setting Gaussian Distribution. That's it, you have an aged photo. But if you delve into the archives of your elders, you may notice that some pictures are a bit fuzzy around the edges.

Hey guys, thanks for sharing this useful tutorials for photoshop. I also need a small tip regarding the same. I have some images where i need to insert some fireworks look. Could you guys please let me know how can i create Fireworks in Photoshop ?

Just like a Matrix effect you can also make your own fireworks that gives a surprising effect of color to your images. To create this create a new image on white background in RGB mode and any size. Add noise to filter through the built-in menu Filter / Noise / Add Noise. Then go to menu Image / Adjustments / Threshold, and apply a value close to 220. Switch to negative via the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + I. Now apply twice the fan filter (Filter / esthetic / Wind Tunnel), with options Wind and Left, then rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise from the image.

Create a new layer via the menu Layer / New / Layer mode superposition. Switch to degraded mode as black and white below, and draw while pressing the Shift key on a vertical part of the layer near the top. Flatten the image and apply the filter Distortion / Polar coordinates with the Rectangular to Polar option. Final touch of color. Go to the menu Image / Adjustments / Variations and choose your favorite color. And you are done with your Fireworks.
    Edit/Delete Message