Thread: Disabling unknown application notification in windows 7

Disabling unknown application notification in windows 7

My system is loaded with windows 7 and i am a standard user on a 2003 domain. There is an application running on my system which always displays a UAC warning whenever i open it it says "Do you want to Allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer" after that it states 'To continue, type an administrator password, and then click Yes.' And hence i enter my domain user name and password and after this long process i can open the application. please suggest me a way to disable this unknown application notification.

Re: Disabling unknown application notification in windows 7

It seems that there is some kind of problem in your programs file due to which you are getting this error. To solve this error i think that you will have to uninstall this application and then re-install it again on to your system. This will repair all the possible damage of your file. This might surely solve your problem.

You are facing this problem because your system might have been affected by a virus. Hence i will recommend you to download and install an Anti virus program on your system and the scan your system and delete all the detected threats. After the viruses are deleted you can easily get rid of this problem , hopefully.

Thanks to all those who took the initiative for replying me. Friends although i tried your solutions but nothing worked for me. I tried the re-installation but that could not help me. So i scanned my system with my Anti-virus but the anti-Virus could not detect any kind of infection. If possible please suggest a different solution.

I think that you must try to use the UAC previliges and check whether you can disable this notification hence i have mentioned the procedures to achieve this below:

* Open the Local security Policy editor and then click Local policies in the left pane.
    * Now Select Security Options.
    * Now you can see in the right pane the option as "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode."
    * Click on the drop down arrow and change the setting to Prompt for credentials.
    * Click the OK button and then close this window.

Disabling the Security center will resolve this issue so i would request you to follow the steps below

1. Go to the Control Panel and click the security center icon.
    2. Select Change the way Security Center alerts me option in the left pane.
    3. If you don't want to disable the security center notifications then please click on the option Don't notify me, but display the icon
    4. Close the security center.