Thread: WMP: How to adjust compression ratio for mobile devices

WMP: How to adjust compression ratio for mobile devices

I am trying to sync some MP3 tracks to my Pocket PC for the first time using Windows Media player. I am using Windows XP SP2. I don't have much idea about doing this with WMP but i wanna adjust the compression ratio thats suites best for my Pocket PC. Do you guys have any idea about customizing compression ratio on WMP for the mobile devices ? If yes please let me know soon also let me know how can i plat Ogg and FLAC files on Windows Media player? Thanks in advance.

Re: WMP: How to adjust compression ratio for mobile devices

If you use Windows Media Player to copy your favorite music on your MP3 player or on your Pocket PC, its better to customize the compression ratio to use when synchronizing. If you have storage space so you can choose a higher bitrate to improve the quality of music copied. To do so, just go through these steps:-

1. In Windows Media Player, click Tools then click Options.
    2. Then open the Devices tab. Check that your mobile device is connected to your computer then click the Refresh button. It appears in the list.
    3. Click on it and then click Customize.
    4. In the window that appears, open the Quality tab.
    5. Then select the Select quality and choose the encoding rate to use when synchronizing, 160 kbit / s provides a good quality. Allow 68 MB for an hour of music. Of course, the quality will be the appointment if the original song is already encoded at a rate greater than or equal to 160 kbit / s.
    6. Finally, click OK 2 times.

Thats it !!

Now, encoding applications such as Windows Media 9 Series, and third-party encoding solutions can support compression of interlaced content without first converting it to progressive content. The codec takes advantage of the typical image simplicity and relative lack of motion to achieve a very high compression ratio. During the encoding process, the codec automatically switches between lossy and lossless encoding modes, depending on the complexity of the video data. For complex data, the lossless mode preserves an exact copy of the data. For less complex data, the lossy mode discards some data to achieve a higher compression ratio. By automatically switching between these two modes, the codec maintains video quality while maximizing compression.

To play Ogg or FLAC files with it, you must install the appropriate codecs because WMA and MP3 audio format Ogg and FLAC are not supported by default in Windows Media Player. The Ogg format is a compression format open-source and free using a compression similar to that of MP3. The FLAC meanwhile is a compression format without losing data. The quality is identical to the original.

The Ogg format is a compression format open-source and free using a compression similar to that of MP3. The FLAC meanwhile is a compression format without losing data. The quality is identical to the original.

You can also convert Ogg or FLAC files easily in some another format that is compatible with windows media player and than play it. There are many applications available that convert your file formats without loosing audio or video quality.

Just look at these:-
    How to convert file format from FLAC to MP3 files
    Best FLAC to MP3 Converter Download Free
    Convert FLAC to WAV