Thread: Image problem in word 2007

Image problem in word 2007

Hello,
    For some time, I encounter a problem with Word (or Powerpoint) 2007, when I close all my open documents (registered or not), my computer hangs for 30 seconds and then I receive an error message: "word 2007 has encountered a problem and needs to close ". What is strange is that this error does not occur when I work with simple files but when I have more complex documents containing images files or inserted from other applications. The problem occurs even if I do not save document. For the 3 / 4 time, the file registers normally before the onset of the error message, but once or twice my changes were not recorded. Do you guys have any idea about it? Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Brunoz; 19-01-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Re: Image problem in word 2007

Hi,
    In word you can make automatic images to slide
    C: \ Documents and Settings \ user_name \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Templates and more precisely for office here, of course: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office. If you want to retry the install, you can delete these directories after the uninstall, and run Ccleaner which is never wrong after uninstalling a little big.
    But before this it is better to check the following
    - If you have enough disk space, you never know.
    - If you have properly applied the updates automatically after install.
    Hope this tips will help you.

Hello,
    - I still have enough space on the hard drive (about 1 / 3 occupied). And I defragment regularly.
    - I make all the microsoft updates
    - The problem occurred without installing any program. Besides, when I saw that it started over well, I tried to restore the system to an earlier date, but nothing changed.
    - I already try passing CCleaner after uninstalling without success.
    If you have any other alternate solution then please post back. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    I make all the microsoft updates
    These are automatically done separately for regular updates. For the rest, it seems to be clear. But nothing happens like that all alone. I think problem such that is because the docs might contain problematic formats stuff (images or other) whose support is been uninstalled. I think word too needs some support to display an image, though files many be corrupt, just check them.

Hi,
    The problem occurs when I have docs with inserted files (related to the original file or not). I use ChemDraw to insert chemical structures and formulas to MathType math. I reinstalled those 2 software, without success. I also forgot to mention that the problem occurs also with the docs that were created by others, one of my teachers gave us the powerpoint its course, and it contains images, objects inserted from ChemDraw, Excel and etc. I have a problem to insert an example in attached file that I have compressed .Zip but whenever I try to load I get the message "failed to upload the file". Thank you for your help

Hello,
    If it is not working in word 2007, then one of the alternatives is that, you can use the compatible mode by saving it to word 2003 format and then see if it opens ups without giving errors. If this does not work the remove microsoft office suite and install it again and remember to install the recommended and do not customize the office suite. Try these alternatives and if you have any problem the do post back.