Thread: Windows 7 doesn't recognize Microsoft Security Essential

Windows 7 doesn't recognize Microsoft Security Essential

My windows 7 security center is not able to identify an active antivirus although i have installed the Microsoft Security Essential on my system. When i check in the performance Information and tools/advance tools/generate system health report,The security center has not recorded any type of anti virus product. I am unable to understand why microsoft's own own anti virus program not being recognized by Windows 7's Security Center. Please tell me Windows 7 doesn't recognize Microsoft security Essential.
    Last edited by Abbiey; 15-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Re: Windows 7 doesn't recognize Microsoft Security Essential

I don't know why you are experiencing such problem with Microsoft security essentials. Although i am running 8 system this program with Microsoft security essential installed with windows 7. Its better if you try to get some help from microsoft's customer support or visit the microsoft's website online. You will get some solution there.

I too had the similar issue with my system i tried a lot to get rid of it but was unable to do so. Hence i visited the microsoft's official website and inorder to get some help regarding this matter any where over the internet. But finally i decided to disable the alert notification for the anti-virus. So i will advise you to do the same.

I have not heard of such problem ever before. Also its quite hard to believe that microsoft's own security program is not recognized by microsoft's own Windows 7 operating system. Till the time i would advice you to reinstall the Microsoft Security Essential so that if it was an installation error it could get resolved.

As far as i am aware of the microsoft's security essential program the security center is unable to identify an active anti-virus application. Either there is no anti-virus product installed or it is not recognized. To solve this you will have to verify whether an anti-virus product is installed. Else configure Security Center to stop monitoring anti-virus status.

This was also the case with me but it was not with Norton Antivirus 2010. Everything was reported right in the Action Center. But the performance report always contradicted the Action centers statement. I think that this type of problems are always present in microsoft's Operating system and hence i changed my Operating system to Ubuntu and it is really nice.